Mini tummy tuck question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mini tummy tuck question Mini tummy tuck question

Unread 02-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Mini tummy tuck question

hi ladies,
I was just reading a thread on staples. for those of you who had an abdominal hyst and had a panniculectomy or tummy tuck, what do they use to close you up and did you have drains? Thanks!!

My surgery is one month from today!! YAY! And nasty biddy Aunt Flo is here with a vengance! Raymo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Mini tummy tuck question

Hi Raymo,

I've never had a Tummy Tuck, so can't share any insight with you. This would be a good question to ask your doctor. Maybe someone who had one will stop by and share their experience with you!

s, Deb
Unread 02-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Mini tummy tuck question

I haven't had a tummy tuck yet, but have had a TAH (with staples). I thought Ouch! they will really hurt, but they didn't. I am going to have a tummy tuck as soon as I get done interviewing Plastic surgeons, so I have been doing extensive research on this. I found one DR's web site that stated that all stiches would be just under the skin, except around the belly button, so those would be the only stiches that would need to be removed. All of the websites on plastic surgery have stated that drains would be used with a tummy tuck to aid with healing and remove any excess blood from the wound and preventing a hematoma. I also had a drain with my hyst as well as my back surgery a few years back. They are gross looking but not painfull, nor are they painfull when removed (I thought they would be). Also the staples didn't hurt when removed either, just a little minor burning sensation. I you have more questions please don't hesitate to IM me or e-mail me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2006, 03:43 AM
Mini tummy tuck question

I sure hope I do not have a drain. I had one 6 years ago in my side after a surgery where they had to open up my side and go in between my ribs. Shortly after they took the drain out I was in the bathroom (still in the hospital) and sneezed all of a sudden. Talk about pain and panic....all kinds of fluid came out of the little cut where the drain had been. I dribbled across the room and crawled back in bed and called for help with my call button. They just cleaned me up and taped it back up and I was fine after that.

I have allergies and sneezes were a big problem and very painful for a month or two. I learned how to hold my body and sort of how to deflect the sneezes some how so they weren't as bad. I knew I truely was healed when I could sneeze without pain and when i could finally roll down a car window with out pain. I never knew how many abdominal muscles it takes to roll down car windows. Thank goodness I have power windows now.
Unread 02-23-2006, 03:45 AM
Mini tummy tuck question

Oh, yes, my dr says I will have a verticle incision since he has lots of cysts and clean up work to do in there and I will have staples.
Unread 02-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Mini tummy tuck question

Kinaz,

I didn't have any drain with my TAH/BSO.... I had the bikini incision.... Had staples and that wasn't bad also.... got them removed yesterday...

Just an FYI....
Unread 02-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Mini tummy tuck question

Thanks ladies! I am planning on calling my dr next week to ask some more questions.

I am more worried about my rectocele repair than anything else!! yikes! (I remember too clearly what my 4th degree tear was like with my son!) Hugs Raymo
Unread 02-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Mini tummy tuck question

I had a tummy tuck with complete hyst on Nov. 18, 2005. They closed me with 72 staples!! But they were not a problem--they took them out at a one week visit and now all I have is a thin red line and a flat tummy--best thing I have ever done. Good luck to you.
Unread 02-24-2006, 02:52 AM
Mini tummy tuck question

Pam...I am glad to hear that your staples didn't give you any problems. I don't have any idea how long my incision will be, I don't really care as long as he gets all those painful, annoying parts out of me! I have a nine inch scar running along my side and curving up around my shoulder blade. That one healed just fine, so hopefully this one will to.
Unread 03-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Mini tummy tuck question

Yay. I Am In Wi Too. Had A Tah, Tt Hernia Repair And Mr On Oct 10, 2005. Where Are You Located In Wi?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register