surgery postponed... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery postponed... surgery postponed...

Unread 12-05-2006, 02:28 PM
surgery postponed...

I can not express my frustrations :burning: – my surgery has been postponed for Monday. I went in the castle waited for 4 hours in the pre-op room, starved to death with a horrible migraine. On the top of everything my lovely period has decided to visit me again in 19 days for a farewell. 8 nurses called in sick today, my doctor tried to put me in, but there were too many emergencies today. I am done emotionally. I just hope I will not get the flu that has been going around by Monday….
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2006, 02:37 PM
surgery postponed...

How frustrating and disappointing for you
It sounds like you really need some pre-pampering now. Maybe a nice long relaxing soak in a tub. Then the meal of your choice ( or reverse those & eat first ).

I'll say a prayer that you stay well and your surgery can proceed with no more delays.

s S
Unread 12-05-2006, 02:48 PM
surgery postponed...

Oh, that is just AWFUL! You poor dear!

Lena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2006, 04:46 PM
surgery postponed...

Heliona,

I'm so sorry. You must be so frustrated! Have you rescheduled?
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:02 PM
surgery postponed...

I feel your agony! I was bumped the first time there too and until it happens to you, you just can't understand the emotional heartache that brings! I could just cry for you ... I found crying for 12 hrs after my cancellation really helped me. I just let my dh make all the calls to notify people and bawled! It's OK.
Unread 12-05-2006, 06:20 PM
surgery postponed...

How frustrating and disappointing for you. Anyone would feel the same way. Stay healthy. Take care. Hope you have no more unpleasant surprises.
Unread 12-05-2006, 06:39 PM
surgery postponed...

I am sorry you have to go through that. I too had mine postponed for a month. At first it really was on an emotional rollercoaster ,feeling really sick as well, and had to make many calls. I found out it was because, The castle was doing renovations on the floor where I would stay. I have allergies, so it was really a blessing in disguise, it also gave me time to be at peace with my decision, and learnt it is all In God's time. I pray that all will be for the best, that all will be well.
Is this a Canadian thing or what??? It seems to me there are more postponements with us Canadians.
Unread 12-06-2006, 09:51 AM
surgery postponed...

It is brutal; I didn't know it happens more often in Canada? I just wish it was already behind me...I don't know what to do with myself today. Doctor said there was no point for me going back to work these days, that I should just rest (???) before Monday. My DH told me to look from the bright side: more sex before surgery! Yeah, sure if my period allows it Anyways, thanks sisters, it feels so good to have somebody understand you. My DH travels a lot and he made all these arrangements not to travel these 6 weeks after the surgery to help me around, we have no other family here. Now I have one week less - if it happens on Monday
Unread 12-06-2006, 10:47 AM
surgery postponed...

I am so sorry that is very frustating! Stay away from crowds and wash your hands as much as possible!
Hang in there Monday is right around the corner!

's
Barb
Unread 12-06-2006, 12:44 PM
surgery postponed...

I hope all goes as scheduled for you on moday.Post-ponement is one of my biggest fears! I am traveling 2 hours from home for my surgery as there is not a hospital near by in this rural area.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register