Upcoming hysterectomy 9/15 SAH, saying hello... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 9/15 SAH, saying hello... Upcoming hysterectomy 9/15 SAH, saying hello...

Unread 09-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 9/15 SAH, saying hello...

Hello Ladies,

I left an intro a couple days ago

Monday is my day. Starting with a SAH, but it may progress to more, we shall see what the insides look like.

My signature is not so correct right now, but will update soon.

The NovaSure procedure failed in May (doc could not "get a seal"), and had to postpone the SAH I was supposed to have in July as we are trying to sell a house which won't sell...

But, moving on... I have a 6cm posterior myometrial fibroid that is pressing on my tail bone. I've had 2 prior c-sections, so doc will go through that bikini scar.

I'm a little out of it today. I wish I didn't feel out of control, it does not feel good. I see everything that is not unpacked from our move a month ago and I am panicking.

My friends are not the kind to help much. Or I should say, not the kind who will step in and know what to do, and with 4 other males (including cat) in house, I don't need to direct anyone else. Friends... how many of us have them? (old school song)
Well, darn facebook... you know, the inappropriate place to talk about things. My closest friend just went through a cancer scare and does not take this surgery seriously.
Other people seem to look at this surgery as routine... so no concern. I have my husband to help, but there will be some loss of order and cleanliness and function that I'm just going to have to learn to be OK with.

So, I am here. 9/15 is when it all begins. I'm a little anxious, and I have best hopes that all will be fin getting through, and great after.. right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Re: 9/15 SAH, saying hello...

Hello,
It is going to get better. My surgery is next Weds and I nervous too. It's kind of funny that you mentioned the unpacked boxes. Honestly I am cleaning the house and organizing like I am pregnant and nesting. Any way, I have great friends and don't get me wrong, but they don't treat this like a very serious thing either. They act like it is an elective surgery for fun or something. They don't know how we suffer. Hopefully you have a supportive hubby! You have all of us here, who are or have been there. Good luck on Weds and I can't wait to see you in the post-op forum
Unread 09-11-2014, 09:33 PM

Thanks, Kallypso!
I wish I could nest. My darn ferritin is a 5, and I'm just tired on the anemic end of things, which is how I ended up here.

I'm not sure what to think about sharing with friends, either. I feel like of course people have a general curiosity, but even coming around today to tell people... they cant possibly know I've been struggling for 5 years... or a lack of memory, but that's OK. I don't expect people to keep a log of my medical history, and they don't know all anyhow... it's just "funny" when a friend today has been sending me links to hysterectomy alternatives.

I wish I could somehow come across as lighthearted yet still garner support.

Glad we will be in the same group, yours is coming up, too! Hopefully I have energy in the coming day to do some serious movement on these boxes... I hope you are actually enjoying your nesting! I've done some pre-packing for my hospital bag, and have some new pillows for home so i can cocoon myself...

protect myself from my jumping preschooler... sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 9/15 SAH, saying hello...

Ohhh ompath, I can really identify with a lot of what you've said. I offer you BIG hugs and reassurance that you'll do well. You seem to have the personality to come out on top :-)

The feeling of loss of control was a big one for me. I so wished that there was a pill for that! (Well, there is, I suppose, but we both know it isn't legal...)

Here's what I encourage you to do, if you haven't already: Make yourself and your healing priority #1. Let the small stuff go and choose for your health. The moment you wake up, you have a new and important job: Healing. Not pleasing others, not unpacking, but healing. Take care of your body for the next few weeks and it will reward you for the rest of your life. It will also try its best to save you from post-op complications if you support it now.

We're all going to be right here waiting when you come out on the other side. Many of us are experiencing freedom from health problems for the first time in months or years (me included) and it's so liberating once you pass the initial recovery phase.

I wish you the best of luck and will be thinking of you. Hang in there!
Unread 09-13-2014, 07:33 AM

I am 7 weeks from my LSH and pelvic floor reconstruction. You are going to be fine. I can tell you that I suffered for 7 years with bleeding, prolapses and pain. It is wonderful being free. Everything is where it should be.
Your first priority is your healing. Follow doctors orders. REST, feet up. I took it easier than most for the first 6 weeks. I virtually did nothing but eat really healthy, drink tons of water and rest. The payoff? I went to my doctor and she said that everything is healing perfectly. She said that if you start doing too soon, you will heal much later.
Don't worry about the boxes. They are not wild and they won't run away. Although you may want them to.
If folks don't think this is serious, get out u-tube and show them the video of your surgery. That will fix them right up.
I'll see you on the other side.
Hugs to you.

Jeannine
Unread 09-13-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannineR View Post
Don't worry about the boxes. They are not wild and they won't run away. Although you may want them to.
If folks don't think this is serious, get out u-tube and show them the video of your surgery. That will fix them right up.
GREAT way to wake up now under 48 hours from my surgery.

Hillarious--so THAT's why the boxes are still there and have not put themselves away-can't walk!

Today's dilemma: getting together with one sister from brunch,... now why I scheduled that yesterday (beyond missing her) is just silly... we are going to a diner where I just love the eggs benedict.. but oh yeah, I promised my doc I would not eat solid food today, and (not-necessarily-clear) liquid only tomorrow so I don't have to do the prep drink. But he did say "Promise me, no poop there, ok?!"

So, as I wake up hungry I think food is going to be a challenge over the next 1.5 days... the bigger dilemma (tummy growl) is later this evening when my friend has her 50th birthday party. We come from a Scandinavian community, and people have been baking for a month for this party. Cooking the last few days... it's going to be a huge buffet starting at 4pm, and I just don't think there is ANY way to tell these people what is happening to me on such a day of celebration, so here is my sneaky plan: I'm going to bring a cooler with plastic containers. Whenever people expect me to be eating, piling on heaps of food, I'll carefully put in in the containers/cooler and take home to freeze! They expect me to eat, there is no explaining that.

I would love to be enjoying the food alongside everyone, but I don't want today about me so I'm keeping my mouth shut

Just some extremely annoying laundry to accomplish and a few liquid diet items to buy, but I guess I'm as good as anytime to go.

Thanks for the support, honestly I'm really into eating healthy as well, but somehow I got hit with a double whammy today for being able to see my sister (we are busy), and such a food-based party!

Would LOVE food suggestions (even links if you've seen any) to advise me how to void this stomach of contents.

Working on ... sure I'll start holding the title more by tomorrow... at least getting ready for the coronation.
Perhaps I should pick up a tiara today for the hospital...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register