Just needing support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just needing support Just needing support

Unread 04-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Just needing support

I just got back from the doctors and am now scheduled for a total abdominal hysterectomy next Thursday. Yikes !!! I knew this was coming but somehow when is gets scheduled it becomes a different story. My nerves are kicking in and any support would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
I am in the same boat

My nerves are kicking in also. My surgery is Wednesday.
What I have learned from this board is that waiting is the hardest part.

I wish I could help you but as I say I am in the same boat.

Too bad we can't go in together and hold hands
I will be thinking of you
Sharon
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:49 PM
Just needing support

Hi
I found out Monday and was a wreck that night and now I am much calmer hang in there, think of the good part, No flo!! It's overwhelming but in just a couple of days I have noticed the changes in my mood from scared, mad, confused and today I am o'well tomorrow I may be a basket case after pre op some ladies have posted link to what to expect and those where great if I knew how to link you there I would but they will be here and give them too you, The people here are great...keep reading..
Best of luck to you
Mary

can someone link to the funny Flo site about not missing her it was so funny? That will help a little

back to cleaning I am noticing how much I bend and lift in just a few minutes of being home...I am trying to get organized ...impossible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 10:07 PM
pre-op nerves

I am now a little over 3 weeks post-op (TAH) and I also experienced pre-op jitters. I have to say that the surgery and the recovery were not as bad as I anticipated. The pain level was not bad -- more what I would call discomfort. I guess my worst part was nausea on the first day after surgery but, with the help of anti-nausea medication that went away. The other "bad" part is that I'm feeling really bored and would really like to be able to do more than I can right now. I've been trying to do little projects every day so that I feel better. This is not the favorite time in my life, but at least I can look forward to improvement rather than constant pain. Good luck with your surgery -- you'll be surprised at the inner strength you can muster when you need it. Joanne
Unread 04-22-2004, 10:13 PM
Just needing support

Welcome to the sisters jitter club! I am going in Tuesday.. and though I thought the time would take forever.. it hasn't!! Its right around the corner. Some days I have a grip on myself..(literally around my throat) just kidding.. then other days.. I am a bundle of nerves. Weighing the options... pain constantly.. or a few weeks of recovery and pain free? Hmmm BRING IT ON!!!!!
Hang in there.... and if you need to talk email me.... im on here most of the time because nerves and back aches dont let me sleep... what a better place to spend your sleepless nights, among friends..... Hang in there!
Unread 04-23-2004, 04:52 AM
Huuuggs Kris

I too have to have one, which hasn't a date set yet! I'm just living on sedatives and driving my partner nuts with my whinging. I will pray for u and all the lovely ladies here. After the op and we recover - life will be better than ever my darling. Huuuugs.
Unread 04-23-2004, 05:11 AM
Just needing support

I am 7 days post op and like you was a wreck a couple days before surgery, when we got to the hospital to check in for surgery I was a mess. My Dr came in too talk to me in Pre-Op and I burst into tears. I really do feel for you all. But let me tell you, like I said 7 days post op, I feel great! I have been very fortunate and am recovering great. Never even had a pain pill. The Gas is the worst of it, did not know gas could be painful but it is. Only last a little while though. The best advice I can give you is to be sure your bathroom is equipped for you. I had no warning of how difficult it would be to use the toilet. If you are having abdominal cut you will not be able to use your stomach muscles for a few days so make sure you have something to hold on to, to get up and down to toilet. It sounds silly but that was really the most difficult thing for me, you don't realize how much you use your abs until you can't.

Everything will be okay, good luck and I am hoping you have a great recovery too.
Unread 04-23-2004, 05:17 AM
just needing support

Everything will be o.k. I can understand about the fear,aneixty,and everything else that you feel. This is a thread about Auntie Flo visiting no more. I will look for it and try and get it to you. I know at a time like this the last thing you want to do it laugh, but It has help alot of us tremendously. I have the :cry: ing part all the time now. Last night I was :cry: ing because it was raining when I got off work. I like most of us want it to be over! no more pain, and NO MORE AUNTIE FLO, ruining my panties!!!.
Please cruise around this site as much as you can. If you have any more questions please ask.

I'll be ing for you.

Jane (alot here lately)

It's going to be great when the pain finally goes away!
Unread 04-23-2004, 05:28 AM
just needing support

Ladylex,

Ok I found it: (it's a mircale can't find half the stuff here at my house due to early brain fogg. I'm in trouble when it really hits)

O.k go to:
http:/www.hystersisters.com/vbz/showthreadphp?thread=138907&referrerid=60487

jane
Unread 04-23-2004, 06:25 AM
Just needing support

It is perfectly normal to feel jittery before you have your surgery. I had mine just about 4 months ago and I was scared out of my mind. And now I feel great. I do not have any of the pain I used to and that is so wonderful. And to be perfectly honest my fiance' says that our love life is sooo much better now than it was before and it was great then too. So, I hope that calms any of those fears you may have. Just try not to dwell on it. I know that is hard to do, but it will help. Take care of yourself.

Best wishes,
Charity

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register