I like having phermones. . . | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I like having phermones. . . I like having phermones. . .

Unread 05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
I like having phermones. . .

Am I the only one in this boat with a somewhat new boyfriend? We've been together 7 mos and I don't know how to tell him about the h. Any suggestions?

I am ultra feminine and love being girly girl. I was watching an episode of Oprah a few months back and she was saying that women that have not had a H smell different than women who have had one. Men can smell the difference all thought they do not recognize it. This is important to me since I am single and would like to attract a husband. Anyone else concerned about their phermones?

I think the women that really enjoy sex post as opposed to women that don't have a drive for it are those that like the freedom of not being able to get pregnant. What say you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Re: I like having phermones. . .

I am not that impressed with Oprah and I question that, but even if women had a different smell, so what? I doubt It matters one way or the other. I think for some, lack of pregnancy fear helps sex, yes, but again I don't think that its such a big factoR, considering the various ages and reasons for surgeries. Anyway, there are lots of things to consider in making a decision but I'd feel pretty safe not factoring pheromones in--IMHO.
Unread 05-02-2010, 09:32 PM

I'm 6 weeks post op, my hubby has a bad sense of smell anyway and we just were able to be intimate and things were great. Men enjoy sex no matter what, so I wouldn't be worried about the smell. I agree with Greyown, I'm not that impressed with Oprah or Dr. Oz for that matter. If you need the surgery, have the surgery. Besides, once you feel better and are ready to be intimate, you can be girly with all sorts of nice smelling lotions and perfumes. Once you feel good about yourself that is a turn on for men. I don't buy too much of the pheremones stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2010, 03:31 AM

I agree with the previous posters. And if you're really worried about it, you can actually buy a pheremone "perfume" oil that reacts to everyone's unique body chemistry. (I think one of the "Slumber Party" type businesses sells it.) Supposed to work almost as well as the real thing.
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:36 AM

Oh baby girl, after my hysterectomy my hubby and I am doing it more than ever. Oprah doesn't know anything. Try watching The Doctors and Dr Oz. They are real doctors, watching them has helped me a lot with these question. In fact my body is right in line with what Dr Oz said. My libido has increased substantially because no of more pain and my mind is way more relaxed about it now because I don't have to worry about birth control. My hubby is loving the fact that he can let go just about any time. Good luck girl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register