TAH sick | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-08-2014, 05:42 AM
sick

I had my surgery Monday the 3rd. Today is bad. I still have not had a regular bowel movement however I really don't eat. I barely shuffle around the house with assistance. I wake up or need pain medicine every three hours. Every part of my body pains. I'm wondering whats wrong with me and why I gave up a livable pain for an unlivable pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2014, 05:52 AM
Re: sick

Hey gal, feeling for ya! Make sure you drink lots of water, and although it's horrid some prune juice, certainly helped me out 5 days post op after TAH, You regretfully are going to expect to feel awful after this op! It is not what I call easy in the slightest, I spent first two weeks feeling completely dreadful! It does get better but slowly! I have still only left the house once and that was onky to go to the doctors and completely whacked me out for two days afterwards! You are not alone in feeling like this I promise and it will get better but it's going to take time! Rest, lots of water ( I still haven't much of an appetite) and small trips from your bed to the loo etc every hour
Lots of hugs coming your way xxxx
Unread 02-08-2014, 06:43 AM

I had my TAH on Wednesday and am having the same problem. I can't use the restroom and just constantly feel like I'm going to vomit. I'm taking gas-x and miralax, but it isn't helping yet. I can't get comfortable in bed and tore my incision open in the hospital the day after surgery, So I've also got this huge antibiotic to take, but it needs to be taken with food, and I can't eat because of the nausea. I feel awful, too, so you are definitely not alone.
Hugs to you and hoping we both feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2014, 07:20 AM

I didn't have my first BM until day 5 post op. as it was suggested make sure to drink plenty of water. And I know that it hurts and is very difficult but when walking try to stand up as straight as you can. If you have a binder, that may help you with the feeling of support.

I also didn't have much of an appetite and was nauseated the first few days. It did get better. Although you don't feel like eating, it's necessary to do so because your body needs the fuel to heal and also you need to eat because you are taking pain meds.

You may not see it right now but it won't always be this way in there

Unread 02-08-2014, 07:29 AM

For problems with BMs - drink prune juice. Eat something with fiber. I was eating instant oatmeal with All Bran sprinkled in it, along with a little prune juice. It seemed to help. Check out the recipe section here. There are some great recipes on this site to help with gentle bowel movement.

For gas problems - Drink lots of water, try to do some walking around the house. Walk some more.

It will get better. Gentle hugs!
Mel.
Unread 02-08-2014, 07:34 AM

As everyone else said, it does get better. Have you tried to take Colace or another stool softener? I had to use miralax and use it every couple of hours until I could go. I also used Colace but check with your doc to make sure that it is ok. The problem with pain meds is that they can also cause constipation or at least they do for me. My doc told me to drink lots of water or tea. You will start to feel better.
For waiting 7, I might ask about an anti nausea pill to help you get over the hump. I had to be on it for several days post surgery.
Unread 02-08-2014, 08:25 AM

Wow how nice it is to hear from people like me! This brightened my day. Thank you thank you. Prune juice here I come, im not alone.
Unread 02-08-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilv24kp View Post
Wow how nice it is to hear from people like me! This brightened my day. Thank you thank you. Prune juice here I come, im not alone.
Your definitely not alone on here, lots of like minded, and been there and done that girls , it will get better promise, just don't be tough on yourself! Lots of cyber hugs coming over xxxx
Unread 02-08-2014, 08:41 AM

I found eating puddings or bananas, something soft and easy to get down was helpful to take meds. I also took some pepsid to keep my stomach from burning. As for the bm issue, I started stool softeners the same day as surgery, I'm still taking then 8 weeks later but have backed off to one in the morning. The thought of pushing or straining scares me.

Prayers and hugs
Flower
Unread 02-08-2014, 09:24 AM
sick

Now I cant stop crying. My wedding is in July we are fighting. He called my mother. Im a 46 year old woman i dont need my mother. I am in pain emotional wreck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register