flooding and scared!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

flooding and scared!!! flooding and scared!!!

Unread 04-21-2004, 11:45 PM
flooding and scared!!!

Hi, I am going for LAVH/BSO on may 4th due to cysts & endo, also non stop bleeding & pain, for 14 months. (feel like I've been in labor for a year) Have exhausted all other treatment options, but I am only 21, so a little nervous, but hopeful.

On monday I had ANOTHER vaginal sono (had finally stopped bleeding on sunday) after sono I started bleeding again. Then this morning I woke up in a puddle of blood, mattress and sheets totally ruined (DH freaking out). I have went through an entire package of pads today, but it seems to be tapering off now. This has never happened to me before, so I am really scared. GYN appt. tomorrow (don't think they thought it was as bad as I said it was). The really weird thing is that during sono my endometrium did not appear to be thick, like it is during a period.

Any thoughts?

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 03:43 AM
flooding and scared!!!

you are not alone sister, I bleed 24-7, have done so for 8 months solid, before that i bled 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off. But i have always had flooding, Im not a GP or anything, but i find that sleeping with my butt raised on old poillows sometimes helps, but then you have to kinda slide off the bed to the loo in the morning so you dont gusg as you stand up
Unread 04-22-2004, 05:43 AM
flooding and scared!!!

Hi

Is your apt tomorrow as in Friday tomorrow? (I looked at when you posted and it was late at night so I wasn't sure)

I am very glad to hear you have an apt, hopefully they can make it stop.

Some members have said that in addition to pads they use something like depends for extra security.

s Please let us know what you find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 06:41 AM
flooding and scared!!!

Hi Michelle
It's understandable that you are afraid if this has never happened to you before.

Hopefully your gyn can do something to stop the bleeding. I know how it feels to wake up in a puddle of blood, and it is not only annoying, but really scary.

The last time i was bleeding that heavily, I had to go to the emergency room. It did eventually stop though.

Hope you're okay. Let us know what the doc says.

s
Tam
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:47 AM
flooding and scared!!!

Hi went to see GYN, she looked at me this morning (7:30) and said Holy s***! Go to the hosptal NOW! So I go over to the hospital and they start giving me blood and fluids, apparently I was half dead. After they give me all this stuff I ask them if they can sit my bed up. Well, they did and *whoosh* there goes all that blood right onto the floor! I know it's not funny but you should have seen that little punk doctor in the ER, I thought he was going to pass out.

My GYN came to check on me (while they were trying to clean up the mess). She said "I thought this might start to happen to you" It would've been helpful if she had told me that.

So now I am in a hospital room on my laptop, while I get more blood. It's quite a feat to type laying flat on your back, with a laptop on your belly.

GYN is going to see if she can move my LAVH date up. She said if I could keep some blood in me this time I could go home. (like I chose to spew it all over the little ER punk.)

Anyway just want to let you ladies know what was going on.

Hugs,
Michelle
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:52 AM
flooding and scared!!!

Michelle....we have the same date! Boy, have you had it rough, though. I'm sorry you're having to go through all this at such a young age. It's a lot to deal with even at my age...which is still young to have this surgery. I'm hoping for the best for you. Please keep us posted. I'm anxious to hear your outcome!

Jenny, 32
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:58 AM
To: MMCORL Gosh you poor child

I know you don't want pity but I want to be your Mom on this post. I feel it in my heart just to hold you close to me. You are really having a tough time. I am so sorry for you to endure all of this at such a young age. I wish I was there to help you. Set up a new clean bed with nice bedding and all. Just know this somewhat old lady is praying for you. ALoha Ellie
Unread 04-22-2004, 09:21 AM
flooding and scared!!!

Michelle
You are one tough cookie! Typing on your laptop while lying down???
Here's me, hoping that the blood stays in this time! And praying that they see fit to do your surgery sooner if needed.

Keep us posted.

Big
Tam
Unread 04-22-2004, 05:25 PM
To Michelle,

I had the same thing happen twice...the third time I ended up having aan emergency TAH at midnight on a Saturday...they couldn't stop the bleeding with estrogen and I was losing too fast to transfuse. I had been trying to make it to menopause (I'm 51) without surgery, but I wasn't that lucky. If you've already decided on surgery...the sooner the better...I was so weak by the time I had mine that it's taking me extra long to recover. You are in my prayers....
Unread 04-22-2004, 05:28 PM
flooding and scared!!!

I hope you are going to be okay.... I really feel for you and my prayers are with you!!

*hugs and happy thoughts*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register