SAH Hysterectomy during c-section | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy during c-section Hysterectomy during c-section

Unread 01-26-2012, 04:15 AM
Hysterectomy during c-section

4 months ago I had my uterus removed during a ciserean It was an emergency due to massive blood loss and had to have two blood transfusions afterwards.
I'm trying to carry on as normal been mother of four children one of which is 4 mth old and going back to work but however active I am been I still have no energy, my back is always aching and my stomach is still tender, as well as that my sex drive seems to have disappeared and the thought of sex just seems pointless becouse I've nothing there!
Does anyone know if its normal to feel like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2012, 05:21 AM
Re: Hysterectomy during c-section

Bless your heart...you have been through quite an ordeal. Maybe part of your lack of energy is that you do have 4 children...and a baby to boot...I remember those exhausting child raising years...and you are heading back to work...wow...your plate is quite full...and you could still be experiencing some "baby blues." If you get to feeling too off I would speak with your doctor.

I had a TAH 7 weeks ago...I still get twinges every once in a while...and still get very tired some days...and my kiddos are all in their teens so I am not having to deal with my sleep being disturbed by a baby.

Hopefully your sex life will improve as your children get older...this surgery has been a blessing for my husband and me...after dealing with years of pain and heavy bleeding. (I had 3 previous c-sections and a tubal with the last one)

Hang in there...try to look at this procedure as a blessing...no more periods...whoot!! Though I had years to get my head wrapped around my surgery and yours was an emergency situation. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you struggle physically and emotionally...seriously though...if it gets to difficult to deal with....speak to your doctor.

Take care!!
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:49 AM

I agree, your body has really been through a lot! Speaking as someone who has known for the last 15 years (since my 1st lap for endo) that I would eventually have a hysterectomy, I have had a lot of time to mentally prepare for this day. Your situation is quite different being that it was an emergency. For me, even with all the planning and thinking and preparing for the removal of my uterus, I still have moments where I am teary and sad at the loss. I can only imaging how you may feel not having a choice in the situation. On top of that, recovering from sugery and having a new born as well as your other small children is a lot to deal with.

I would definitely speak with your Dr about your feelings. Maybe your hormones are out of wack? Maybe you are having more serious "baby blues", maybe you are in mourning for the loss of your uterus?

I truly believe that sex is going to be better - once I get the green light (4 weeks post op da Vincci yesterday.) I hope you get to feeling better and stronger very soon!

Gentle Hugs your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2012, 04:54 AM

Thanks for the advice, I've been to the drs and she said the pain in my back is from my kidneys so need to go for a scan I hope it gets sorted soon It could be the reason I feel so lathargic.
I've started on the Prozac as well so hopefully soon everything won't seem so big!
Unread 01-29-2012, 08:00 AM

Glad you met with your Dr & hope you start feeling better very soon!
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie-rose View Post
Thanks for the advice, I've been to the drs and she said the pain in my back is from my kidneys so need to go for a scan I hope it gets sorted soon It could be the reason I feel so lathargic.
I've started on the Prozac as well so hopefully soon everything won't seem so big!
You are really facing a double-whammy. Either one of those situations could leave you feeling tired, depressed and overwhelmed. Being the mother of a young baby, along with 3 others to care for, AND returning to work - wow, I can only imagine how much juggling that takes, and how tired you must be with all of those demands. Any of us who are dealing with having a hysterectomy can tell you that the repercussions of that alone are enough to leave us feeling all those same things. You are dealing with both situations. Now you are also facing a scan of your kidneys! It's no small wonder that you don't have a sex drive. That would require energy that just isn't there for you right now.

I don't say any of this to start you on a pity party, only to acknowledge the strength that you must have in getting you to this point. It is that strength that will continue to carry you through. I am glad that you have started on medication to help you through this time, and that you are in communication with your doctor about what is going on. I hope that you are able to get some support in your life, through the people you care about and who care about you.

Please keep us posted about how you are doing. We're always here to listen if you need to just vent about things, or if you are looking for more specific feedback and advice. Take care!
Unread 01-29-2012, 08:42 PM

Wow. Give yourself a break. Like the others said just dealing with 1 of those issues is hard enough. I remember not having libido when by babes were little...too tired...seems like your energy is all for them....we are such selfless moms, have to remember to be good to ourselves too. And such a turn around for hormones to go from pregnant to hysterectomy in one swoop. Wow. Just the fact you have energy to go on the internet and talk to us is a miracle!!! You go girl....the thing you need to do is get Any kind of help you can to help with your day to day stuff to let you focus on you for a few minutes a day. And come here often. It is so helpful.
Unread 01-30-2012, 03:14 AM

Thanx for the support, I know Im asking a lot of myself but in 2010 my sons were growing up and my career was doing really well. My pregnancy was a Surprise to say the least, then I had to be off work for three mths on sick then the hysterectomy that I wasn't expecting, all this time I was wanting to get bk to been normal, four mths on and I'm getting worse! I know I've got a lot to cope with but things should be getting easier not harder!
Thank you for all your support it's great to hear from people who understand how difficult it can be, just needed to have a moan I think!😊
Unread 01-30-2012, 09:20 AM

Feel free to moan away. This is a great place to get some support. I think it has been so helpful...I am disappointed things are harder than I think they should be and I am only at not quite 4 weeks.....good luck.
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Hysterectomy during c-section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endodaisy View Post
Feel free to moan away. This is a great place to get some support. I think it has been so helpful...I am disappointed things are harder than I think they should be and I am only at not quite 4 weeks.....good luck.
I know its great to be able to complain my family think i should be normal again!!
I'm sorry if I'm worrying you I think what I'm suffering is the exception and you should be fine in another 6 wks good luck x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register