Whats next? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Whats next?

Help... I had a D&C to remove "polyps" or whatever was in my uterus (looked like 70's shag carpet), an ablation, removal of 2 cysts, and tubal on February 12. 2009. I have had 5 periods since then and yes they are very heavy... I am also having really bad PMS (something that I am NOT use to having). I had an SIS done in April and the lining of my uterus is back and I have something that looks like polyps back in my uterus. The Doc said that I can either have another ablation, an IUD placed, or a hysterectomy. The problem? He is not leaning one way or the other. He doesn't want to help me make the decision. I am due to go back with a decision at the end of this month and I have yet to come up with a solution. My husband would rather that I just go with another ablation because he is afraid of the side effects of a hysterectomy. Do I just "put up" with the periods or go full out and get it over with?
UGH.... confused and need some help. I do have an appointment with another doctor in June, but that is almost too late. (Only because I would rather get the surgery done over the summer (because I am a college student).

Dazed and Confused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Re: Whats next?

Wow!!!first what do you want?..the decision it really between YOU and your Doctor........and could end up possibly saving your life.

My doctor was given only one chance. to go into me......I could not stomach repeated surgeries.....emotionally it's too much..
I almost told you to get a second opinion from a different doc....but maybe ...it's my emotions......look.......one suggestion is to tell the doctor to go in and if the hyst is needed... to get that crap out of you...to make sure it is not cancer or endo or both.........but to honor your wishes first....because YOU will be more affected than ANYBODY...............tell the doctor what you do not want taken out ...like if possible keep your ovaries, cervix....suddenly I can't remember what a blot clog is....oh yeah...I remember ugh!!!!!
It is not a easy decision or even a easy question and I am hoping the wonderful other ladies can provide you with some excellent insight
Unread 05-14-2009, 08:56 PM

Thank you Avalyn for your advice. The 1st... 2nd opinion (before the ablation) was just to do a D&C. I have another Doctor opinion set up for June 10th. I am leaning toward having it just done and over with but I am scared to take that step. The 1st doc is expecting me to go in there in late May with my decision but I haven't made one yet (obviously). The new doctor's office is waiting for my records to be sent over to them and then the records are reviewed by a doctor and then they make the decision as to if you need to be seen earlier. I am sitting on the edge and wobbling... It is nice to hear that others have had something like what I am going through. Surgery is no friend of mine but no stranger either... Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Re: Did you get a second opinion?

Hi Kurt's wife!

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. My doctor,also, gave me options and because nothing else worked i'm having a LSH( less invasive)hysterectomy. I tried everything else before i decided to have a hyster. Remember a hyster is a major surgery and should be used as a last resort. This is only my advice.I couldn't take BC or IUd because of my migraines,irregular bleeding, & moodiness. I hope what you decide is right for you! good luck!
Unread 05-15-2009, 01:29 AM

((Kurt'swife))!

A second opinion before a major surgery is a good idea! I would strongly encourage you to keep yours. You might also find it helpful to sit down and talk to your GP.

A hysterectomy is not the right option for everyone. It is a major surgery that is not without complications. Unfortunately, I have first had experience in that department!

I would suggest that you research your options carefully, weighing all the pros and cons for you. You might want to read through our Resource Database before your next doctor's appointment. We have a lot of factual information regarding the various options and the information could help you with your decision. Keep paper handy to write down all of your questions and concerns to take to your doctor's appointments.

I wish you all the best for whatever you and your medical team determines is best for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register