Something is really wrong with me - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Something is really wrong with  me Something is really wrong with me

Unread 10-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Something is really wrong with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennz76z
Hi Sandy,
I am sorry to hear what you've been going through. I had my TLH/BSO on 9/11/08 and was readmitted to the hospital on 9/18 for similiar symptoms. I had a fever that I ignored for 2 days until it hit 103. I was exhausted, sick, and in pain. Because I waited I stayed in the hospital for 5 days on triple antibiotics. I just finished antibiotics at home and the doc is monitoring my WBC as it continues to be elevated. I had a hematoma on my vaginal cuff that abcessed. I still have pain and am concerned that I will end up in the hospital again. The hematoma measures 5x3x2 and if it doesn't disolve, I need to have a procedure. I only tell you all this, because I wish I had posted and gotten the great advice from all of the sisters and not waited. I am three weeks out and don't feel as good as I did the day I came home from the hospital. Please take care of yourself and keep us posted. I will keep you in my prayers.

Jen, I am so sorry you have gone through so much. I do believe if I had waited any longer that's what would have happened to me. My temperature was creeping up as well and I felt better the day I came home from the hospital than I did a few days ago as well. I hope you don't have to go back in the hospital again. Please rest, rest, rest and don't wait this time if you feel you need help from your doctor. I really hope you don't have to have anymore procedures done....what we had done is more than enough!

I'll keep you in my prayers as well!!

Take care,

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2008, 03:33 PM

Thanks Sandy,
I appreciate you stopping to write back to me amidst everything you are going through. Have you been to the doctors? What are they saying? Please take care and get lots of rest..... Take care and chat soon. Jenn
Unread 10-03-2008, 07:54 PM

hi obnurse224 how did you make out at the Dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2008, 01:52 PM

Sandy, so sorry to hear all that you have gone through! I hope you are doing better and I am also keeping you in my prayers.

Jen, I hope you have been to the doctors and feel better too!

What a rollercoaster this all is!
mg
Unread 10-06-2008, 02:47 PM

Please go in tonight or if your fever getts any higher than 101 go rightaway I had same symptoms 2 1/2 weeks post op and waited thre days ended up with bowls shutting down and hospitalized for 20 days on IV antibiotics cuz it was an abcess that grew after surgery I do not want to frightened you but please take care of yourself and let us know. You are in my prayers. Donna
Unread 10-13-2008, 10:08 AM

You poor thing.
GO TO THE ER AND TELL THEM YOUR SYMPTOMS AND THROW IN CHEST PAINS!! THEY WILL HAVE TO SEE YOU FIRST!!!!
I know it sounds crummy, but you deserve to be seen soon and should'nt have to wait for some calloused person to advocate for you.
Good luck.
Unread 10-14-2008, 02:41 AM

Hi everybody,
How IS everybody? OBNurse I hope you're feeling better and this goes for everyone on this thread. Sending good wishes to all.

Unread 10-14-2008, 05:47 AM

You probably have a uti. I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this. If I were you I would just show up at the drs office and insist on being seen.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Tophatt10

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register