Feeling alone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling alone Feeling alone

Unread 09-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Feeling alone

Hi everyone.

I am one week out - TAH on 9/20 for cervical cancer.

I don't feel any pain or illness and I am not looking forward to this surgery as many of my sisters who are in lots of pain are.

My mom is wonderful, I have a loving husband and a bunch of friends.
I even have one friend who had a TAH about 5 years ago who is willing to "hold my hand" via phone whenever I need. BUT.
I feel so terribly alone.
I come here and feel a little better but it feels like just a very temporary thing.

My husband is trying to be helpful, but he just doesn't get it. My mom is very worried (mainly about the cancer) and she is driving me batty with her concern.

Sigh. does anyone else feel like though they are surrounded by people that they are totally and utterly alone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Feeling alone

Yes, often I do! Very strange isn't it?
I guess we just have to try to remember we're NOT alone --- particularly here. I think it's because there's so many emotions at the same time. It's hard for our minds to keep it all straight??
Hope you find strength and support here!
Unread 09-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Feeling alone

You are definitely NOT alone here! I too am surrounded by a very loving and caring family, but most of the time I just don't think they really "get it". They aknowledge the pain I'm in every day, but how could any of them possibly UNDERSTAND exactly how awful I feel? I just keep reminding myself of that when I don't get that extra help around the house or when I'm expected to do something that puts me in a physically straining position. I'm the only one who could know my pain and understand my own limits...not even my dr (who is very compassionate) could truly know....how could HE...HE never had a uterus or menstrual cramps....hmmmm. I have, however, found a group of women who, on some level, have experienced similar things and have found solutions that work for them and who offer their wisdom and support for anything I bring here! I am truly blessed to have found this site and these women! My advice is to visit this site often, PM some ladies who are in a situation similar to yours and make some wonderful friends who I know would be there for you whenever you feel alone.(you can PM me anytime! I'm always browsing here). I'm praying you find some comfort and peace for yourself. God bless you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Feeling alone

I felt alone even though entire large family was there - it's because you are facing this and they are not - my mom also drove me batty over the cancer thing, she really went overboard and I just kept reminding myself that even if it was, there isn't anything that I could have done about it and chances are, it wasn't.... hang in there and keep coming back to this web-site, it's been very helpful to me!
Unread 09-13-2006, 05:54 PM
TAH on 08/08/06

"They don't get it" is exactly what your going through. Our love ones can relate to helping with our physical pain but somehow are at a loss for what we are feeling inside, emotionally and sometimes we are at a loss for words in trying to explain it. I said this to my DH while I was waiting and simply asked that when I said "Hug" it meant to just stop and hug me through it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register