Almost 6wk post-op And SEX | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 6wk post-op And SEX Almost 6wk post-op And SEX

Unread 03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Almost 6wk post-op And SEX

Feb. 2nd I had a TVH. I will be going on 6wk post-op and that means that I will be cleared by my obgyn to finally have sex. I am very Nervous about this. I have been back to the obgyn week 2 cause It was burning when I had to Urine, I was told that I had alot of Bacteria. Was put on Levaquin And Pyridium which didn't help me out. Was Back Again For Check Up Week 4 and was prescribe Macrobid and was told I still had the Incection. I Do not burn anymore, when I have to go, but there is a light color discharge and light spotting at times. At first I had to wear Poise Pad ( Cause I Kept Leaking ) I don't wear them anymore. So with this being said, Im very nervous about sex, what if it hurts, or I spot, or if there is any kind of odor??? Next tuesday will be six week and my obgyn said it was okay to have sex then. I Dont see him again Till April and that will be an 8wk check up. I realize everyone has there own story, I just wanted to input about this. Im scared that I wont enjoy it, or it will be much harder to have an orgasm and im soooo working myself up over this.
Im wondering if I feel there is an order ( that I know Ive Never had before ) should I try a Douche ? Any Suggestion You May Have Please Help

Thanks
Vickie~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Re: Almost 6wk post-op And SEX

Vickie, do not douche! You are still healing inside and douching is not good for you unless you do it with water only. Take a soak in the tub instead. As for sex, I couldn't wait, so I had it at five weeks. I am fine just as long as we use a lubricant and he is gentle. The last time he was a little rough and it burnt afterward. Ouch, I'll have to remind him that I am still healing next time.
Unread 03-11-2010, 04:02 PM

Hi Vickie

Many of us have been concerned about resuming sexual activity after the hysterectomy. I was worried that it would hurt, and I was worried that it wouldn't feel good. I decided to just focus on the first one at the beginning: if I could have sex without pain, I would be happy. After I'd managed that, I was more relaxed and was able to enjoy it. It took me a while for everything to heal completely and for orgasms to happen again, but they did happen.

Just relax, and don't push yourself. Some women find that it helps to begin with "outercourse" the first couple times, just to get more comfortable.

I hope everything goes well, and if you would really prefer to wait until the doctor has checked to be sure you're healed, that's okay!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2010, 05:20 PM

don't put a whole lot of pressure on yourself about an orgasm. We tried "outercourse" at 5 weeks, epic fail. I was able to keep it together enough until hubby left for work the following morning and cried the whole next day.

I ended up talking to my gyn's nurse about it. Her recommendation was to NOT hop into bed to "see if it works." She said make it romantic, lube available, and a glass of wine. Six weeks for me is today, but we are going to wait until tomorrow evening in case there are any pain issues. I would be too embarassed to call out of work tomorrow because "hubby and I tried to have sex, and I got hurt."

The nurse also said it could be a while before everything worked again, but she promised it would work, she had the same surgery years ago. I asked her, should it not work, when do I complain? She said give it a month from 6 weeks.

I'm telling ya I can't wait till it works again. I've been having pain with intercourse for years, BUT I remember when hubby and I were in our teens it was great! I keep thinking about that, lol. I mentioned that to my gyn once, and he kind of got a funny look on his face... hey some of us get lucky and find Mr Right in HS.
Unread 03-11-2010, 05:28 PM

I also experience very bad pain during intercourse, I would cry all the time... Even after having Lap x6 It still didn't help any at all...... Next Tues Will Be 6wks My Husband said he is going to call off from work St. Patty's Day lol cause we will be busy He has been in army for 21yrs and is the boss so what can they say hahaha Im looking forward to this but soooooo nervous.... Im not sure right now if this discharge is normal ??? I notice a different odor and im worried ! Guess I Should Stop Over Thinking This

TVH 02/02/10- Endometriosis/ Cysts
Lap x 6
Unread 03-11-2010, 10:16 PM

I was very nervous about pain and possible "shortness" plus it being different. No pain. No "shortness". But it is different and partly I think its from worrying about it. Things do take longer and are not as easy, but that's getting better. Its more of an adjustment than I expected and I'm hoping for more improvement still. But I waited 6 wks and that was enough. Don't pressure yourself, take your time and it should be fine-----have fun and good luck.
Unread 03-12-2010, 02:16 AM

Once you have physical clearance, then wait until it is what you want.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register