Nervous!!! Meet Surgeon Tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous!!! Meet Surgeon Tomorrow Nervous!!! Meet Surgeon Tomorrow

Unread 02-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Nervous!!! Meet Surgeon Tomorrow

Scheduled to meet my surgeon tomorrow for the first time at 11:30 AM. The fright is really kicked up a notch. I know I should organize my questions. I've seen the ones on the site and they are very helpful. I don't know why I am scared to death ( just am ) Friends don't understand at all. I'll learn what type of surgery he is going to perform, uteris, cervix and possibly both overies are all going. Reason for Hyst recurring bad paps, severe dysplasia and fibroids. Anyone with suggestions ?? The house is clean, have everything I need for castle and home recovery, been exercising and work full time still can't think of anything else all day.
Wake up in AM with that horrible sense of fright. I will be sooooo glad when this is over next week. Thank you all for all your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2006, 04:58 PM

The only thing left to do is try to relax! (I know - good luck with that!) Keep a good thought! I hope all goes well for you both during your stay in the castle and after!
Unread 02-27-2006, 05:58 PM

Hi Lynbert,

In pre-op, all I did was think about my hyst 24/7. I had never had surgery before and I was scared to death.

So just know...we Hyster Sisters are there for you.

Best wishes,

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2006, 06:07 PM

It really tests your nerves when you are waiting for the drs appointment or the actual surgery.

Write down your questions, leave room on your paper to write down the answers you are given. I found that my drs appts were sort of a blurr, otherwise. Try and make notes as you are talking. Sometimes a question will form there, based on your conversation. If you are really good at remembering, there should be no problem. If you are like me, you need to write in down. By the time the chance comes up to ask the new question, it gets forgotten. The other option is to take someone with you to help you with notes if you can.

Either way, try to relax as best you can. Let us know how you make out.

Our best to you,
Unread 02-27-2006, 09:38 PM

hey, if you are still up - try not to worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow is when you can get many of your questions answered! Half of being scared of something is the not knowing part and after the appt with the surgeon tomorrow, you'll know more and be scared less!! Hang in there, girl!!!
Unread 02-28-2006, 12:29 AM

I have been thru a major surgery before, so I am not worried about my surgery about 12 hours from now. Just try to focus on the positives.....no more periods, no more spending all that money on tampons and pads, no more pain! I am looking forward to getting rid my extra parts that are causing me so much pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register