weird bladder sensation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

weird bladder sensation weird bladder sensation

Unread 03-10-2007, 04:29 PM
weird bladder sensation

Hi everyone,
I have had just had the strangest feeling in my bladder. I had been to empty it and it was alright. I then came downstairs and a few minutes later, I felt something like tiny air bubbles making their way down from my bladder, or leakage, I am not sure which. Has anyone experienced this. I went back up to the washroom to see if I needed to empty it some more, but hardly anything came out. This bubbly feeling seemed to last for about 5 minutes.
I will just have to wait and see what happens. I had my 4 week post-op check on Thursday and the doctor said everything was fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2007, 04:39 PM
weird bladder sensation

I have had a feeling of an air bubble that seems to come out of my vagina, but I have had that a few times post op. I still, almost all the time, feel as though I have to pee. I have that heavy feeling inside. I'm sure you couldn't go again only because you just went, but I do know exactly what you are talking about. Keep a close watch on it(as I'm sure you will ) and call dr if you are worried.
Unread 03-10-2007, 06:41 PM
weird bladder sensation

I was certainly experiencing the same air bubble sensation as you in the beginning of my healing.At first I wasn't sure where it was coming from because I was still spotting lightly when it was happening.When the spotting stopped I had it happen again and because I was still wearing a liner I noticed it was the color of urine.I wasn't too concerned about it because I think it has a bit to do with the catheter or pressure.It has not happened in a bit however once in awhile I still feel the feeling that we feel when we ovulate and your underwear feels gucky.That's when I kept wiping all the time!! I've since stopped doing this too!!
If you are concerned call you doc.
Happy healing to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2007, 06:53 PM
weird bladder sensation

I had a similar feeling. I also feel like I have to pee again right after I have just gone. I asked my doctor about it at my 6 week check-up and he said that it was completely normal and that the bladder gets moved around a lot and it takes some time to get over that trauma. He said it could take a few months before my bladder starts feeling normal again. It never hurts to ask your doc though, just to put your mind at ease! That is what they are there for!
Unread 03-10-2007, 09:11 PM
weird bladder sensation

I was wondering the same thing!

Sometimes when I "go", it feels completly normal. Other times I "go", but it still feels like I need to "go" again. I'll lean forward and then "go" again. Then a few minutes it feels like I need to "go" again. I think it has to do with what is in my intestines.

I feel my best in the morning when I've just had a BM and there is nothing in there. As the day progresses, my abdomen feels tighter and tighter and I look forward to the early morning when everything is empty.

Thank you for sharing your concern! I've learned so much from this site!
Unread 03-11-2007, 12:58 AM
weird bladder sensation

Yep...yep....yep....all the same things here too. It is an odd feeling isn't it. I feel like I have little men running up and down my urinary track yelling, "lets get her guys!"

Asked my doc at my visit too. She just raised her eyebrows and said, "If you could have seen what I did to your bladder....." Guess that kind of summed it up, eh?

Jean
Unread 03-11-2007, 06:12 AM
weird bladder sensation

My doctor's nurse had this explanation: there is a lot of internal swelling that keeps you from emptying your bladder completely. That is why UTI's are so common--that urine stays in the bladder too long. I got a bladder infection. The best suggestion I read here was to double void. Pee, then stand up for about 30 seconds, then sit down and pee again. It works. I'm feeling normal, but when I walk for any length of time I start feeling that bladder heaviness again.
Unread 03-11-2007, 07:12 AM
weird bladder sensation

Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for your kind replies and help you have given me. You know that panicky feeling when something happens and you suddenly imagine that you are now incontinent and your mind starts racing.
My bowel has just started to work better, yesterday, and now I had this bubbly/leaky feeling. I suppose it makes sense that all the swelling would cause the bladder to have these odd sensations. I wonder if it could have been pressure from what was in my bowels.
Anyway, the feeling of pressure on the bladder lasted all through last evening and I kept drinking and kept going to the washroom. I think it feels better this morning but I have just got up.
Thank you all once again for your replies. I think we are all stumbling along and unsure of our bodies suddenly and it's very scary and this is a great site for support.
Happy healing to you.
Anne
Unread 03-11-2007, 07:22 AM
weird bladder sensation

NancyinMichigan,
Did you ever have to get on antibiotics for the UTI or did it kinda get better on it's own. I have been drinking cranberry juice and water. i have also avoided carbonated drinks. I hate to get on antibiotics because that creates yeast infections--just what we need another pain!
Unread 03-11-2007, 07:49 AM
weird bladder sensation

They gave me some medicine that I thought was antibiotics. But when I googled it, it was called an anti-infective. I don't know the difference. I took it for a week. I get yeast infections, too, but didn't with this. I still drink lots of cranberry juice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register