How soon after tah - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How soon after tah How soon after tah

Unread 01-03-2009, 03:53 AM
How soon after tah

I also took my pamper the princess pillow and everyone who came in the room got a kick out of it. You definitely want to bring your face wash products and a face moisturizer (my room was very dry). Also, I took fuzzy socks with little rubber things on the bottom - those floors are slick, expecially if you are wearing TEDs (which I actually found very comforting). Let see..a back scratcher came in handy, a short sleeve pullover nightie, and I brought a couple pair of underwear, the kind that don't have an actual waistband (Jockey makes them), and my own sanitary pads because I heard the hospital ones are horrendous (although I never needed them). BUT, the very best thing I brought was a satin spa robe that my mother-in-law gave me as an early Christmas present. It was so pretty and felt so nice that I actually wanted to get up and walk around in it.

All in all I packed pretty light in one small bag. It was nice not to have to keep up with a lot of stuff in a drugged up stupor. And, it was easier on DH too.

The first time I wore my jeans was 9 days post op. I am sure it depends on where your incision is. Mine was a bikini cut so the waist band didn't rub on it and I was ok. It also probably depends on how bad swelly belly is. Fortunately I didn't experience swelly belly. Although I have noticed it a little more in my third week, probably because I am more active.

Godspeed to you sister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register