I have a date! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a date! I have a date!

Unread 11-24-2001, 06:26 AM
I have a date!

Hi all,
Well, I went to the Doctor yesterday and I am supposed to have my surgery this coming Thursday, I just have to be cleared for surgery by my lung doctor....should know about that on Monday or Tuesday. Doc says he will try and do a Lap Hysterectomy and try to save at least one ovary. He said it depends on the extent of the Endometriosis and that he may have to do a regular TAH/BSO if the adhesions are two large and to connective. I am still not sure about leaving the one ovary, I feel like my mood swings will still be as bad as now. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON THIS??? The ovary part really confuses me.....I just feel like I want it all out, so that I don't have any more problems. The doc said if he feels I have another good 10 yrs. with one of the ovaries he will save one. ANY EXPERIENCES ON THIS MATTER????? I'm not real nervous YET, I have a list of TO-DO things a mile long, so I think that is keeping my mind off of the surgery. I am in so much pain right now, that I wish I was going tomorrow. Anyway, I will check back and see if anyone has any advice on the ovaries....Have a good day all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2001, 08:46 AM
I have a date!

Hi Tina! I have good news.... or it at least in my case it was good news.... I knew one ovary looked bad from my ultrasound but the other seemed to be alright, so I told my doc to leave it if he thought it looked okay which it did. So now I only have one ovary and as crazy as it may seem, I have been in a good mood since June. Its like after recovery I became a totally different person. I no longer feel mad, frustrated, ill, depressed.... or any of the 100's of other emotions that we women feel when our hormones are out of balance. It may just be that I am so releived to not have horrible periods anymore, but I think most of it is because all the yucky organs that I had were in such bad shape and causing me so much pain and agony are gone. My doc said the ovary I have left will carry me the next several years (I'm 43) until I reach menopause. For me, I wanted to keep one if at all possible and I am glad I did. I hope you will make a decision that is right for you.
Take care!
MB
Unread 11-24-2001, 08:36 PM
thanks MaryBeth

Hi there,
I thank you for posting back to me. I am also thinking it may be best to keep it just in case the hormones wouldn't work for me. Do you know, does the ONE ovary still give the same amount of hormones as both of them together? I just thought if there is only one, that may be less hormones would mean less mood swings, ie: out of control anger, irritablity, nervousness, depression...ect. Any more thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. My nerves are at the end of the line today, and my period, (2nd this month, and very painful) is not making things any easier to deal with...I went from fighting a wire fence with a shovel(ha ha) to sitting on a rock and crying my eyes out, then slowly fell to depression, and cried some more at the thought I will never have a chance to have kids. Anyway, this is a very emotional day for me and I feel like I really want to make sure of all my options....I guess there's a bit of the pre-op jitters creeping into my body. Sorry for the long post..thanks for your post and have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register