Just got my date... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just got my date... Just got my date...

Unread 09-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Just got my date...

Just got my surgery date today. Oct. 9 at 835 am I will under go surgery. Im scared . Im nervous too. Everything is coming out. I might get to keep my ovaries but thats only if the Endometriosis isnt as bad as the Dr thinks it is. Im 28 and having a Hysterectomy. Im having a hard time coming to terms with it. I know its to stop the pain and blockage and its best for me, but I still feel that Ill be less of a woman. Any advice to help me through? :'(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Re: Just got my date...

Congrats !!! I was so happy to get my date.
Sorry you need the surgery. Did you get a second opinion ? It could help confirm things and help digest all this "big" decision making. It's not easy. There are young ladies here facing the same thing.
I feel the same way. I am,greatful for my kids and have accepted the situation. Trying to move forward. Educating myself on estrogen, so I have a clue of the vocabulary of the hormone jungle.
Keep posting, you will find alot of comfort here.
I hear sex can be great once were healed. You can be painfree! Wear white nighties, buy lacey fancy panties and enjoy your husband more often.
Sounds pretty feminine to me :-)
I heard this funny saying "just remember, their taking the babies cradle , Not the playpen!"
Unread 09-13-2012, 06:52 PM

I am 32 and been putting this off since I was about 28. I have pain and cramping all month long, 10 day periods that are evil. It became enough for me when I wasn't able to enjoy time with hubby anymore. I had my tubes tied 8 1/2 years ago.

As much as I want this part of my life to be over and for all the bleeding and pain to stop, I am still very scared as well.

Your surgery is the day after mine so we will be recovering together as well. I'm hoping to get to keep at least 1 ovary. My Dr is going to do everything in her power to make sure that happens.
This is a wonderful site with lots of information and experience on it. We will help support you through this as best we can.

((((((HUGS)))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2012, 07:12 PM

My date is also oct 9th and somedays I'm better then others. I'm just tired of being tired and feeling crappy. Nice to meet a sister with the same date!
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:48 PM

I had twelve days notice from diagnosis to when my surgery will be. I'm losing everything except one ovary - if it looks ok. I'm 34 and scared. I'm right there with you. Roller coaster of emotions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register