robot-assisted laparoscope/daVinci hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

robot-assisted laparoscope/daVinci hysterectomy robot-assisted laparoscope/daVinci hysterectomy

Unread 08-27-2011, 08:35 PM
robot-assisted laparoscope/daVinci hysterectomy

I will be having my surgery on Tuesday, 8/30. I am having the robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery/daVinci hysterectomy. I am interested in hearing from anyone that has had this type of surgery. I have heard it is less invasive. I am hopeful to return to work after 2 weeks. Is this reasonable? I work at a desk job. I will only be staying 1 night in the hospital. I would love to hear any feedback from the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Re: robot-assisted laparoscope/daVinci hysterectomy

I had the robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery on 7/25/11. I am proud to say that I feel great! Not having any problems. I am still taking it easy but I felt fine to go back to work after 3 weeks. I also have a desk job. I don't know about going back in 2 weeks. I think that may be pushing it.

I know you will be happy you did the robot-assisted. Sounds like we heal faster. Good luck!
Unread 08-27-2011, 09:42 PM

I had the daVinci since I read about it on a woman's forum on the internet.
It has been 6 months, and I feel fine.
I went back to work after 3 1/2 weeks.
I am an adult school teacher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2011, 06:19 PM

I had the Da V surgery also in May. I was up and about and driving at 2 1/2 weeks but tired easily and wasn't myself until about 4 weeks out. The surgery is less invasive but there are still incisions and stitches inside that are healing. No lifting, stretching, bending, etc. for up to 6 weeks even with the robot. Maybe start back part-time or with an adjustable schedule. Like they say, You only have one chance to heal.
The video about the woman going to a party right after surgery is a lie. You will know you've had surgery. Cheryl
Unread 08-30-2011, 06:35 AM

It's still a major surgery, the only difference is the "cut" I would stay off at least 3 to 4 weeks. Give your body a chance to heal. Best Wishes!
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:18 AM

I had the daVinci done on Friday. I'm feeling really good, pain has been very minimal other than lots of gas pains. I'm planning on taking 3 weeks off, more if needed. I think if I continue to progess like I am, going back in 3 weeks will be fine. I may even go back part time my first week back. Even if you have an easy surgery and recovery, you will be tired, uncomfortable, etc. I would take as much time as you need to make sure you heal properly. Best of luck to you with your surgery and recovery! If you have any other questions about the daVinci and my experience, feel free to ask!
Unread 08-30-2011, 09:05 AM

I realize I am posting as you are going in/having surgery, but 2 weeks is reasonable. It's what my doctor told me, but also said it depends on how I'm feeling and not to push myself. My surgery was last Wednesday (Aug 24th) and, provided I continue to recover as I have been, I will go back to work on Sept. 8th and 9th (thurs and fri) to work two half days, have the weekend to regain my barings, and normal schedule on Monday. (I am a teachers aide for middle school, on my feet alot, but have option to sit as needed - and no lifting required.) I also read from other sisters that it's easier to take the extra week or two off than to start back, realize you started to soon, and then convince work you need more time off. So don't push yourself. Listen to your body. Listen to your doctor. Enjoy your royal treatment while it lasts! prayers are with you!
Unread 09-02-2011, 08:03 AM

Hi 3gamble, I hope your surgery went well!
I had the daVinci almost a year ago and went back to work (desk job) part-time after 2 weeks. If you can take 3 weeks, you should. I was really tired my first week back and still sore and extremely bloated. It was really uncomfortable to sit for very long and all I wanted was to be home in my comfy clothes in the recliner! Pamper yourself and take it easy!
Unread 09-02-2011, 08:10 AM

I had a Da Vinci on Aug 9th. Feel pretty good except for the last few days have had trouble sleeping. Was going to go back to work today but was just too tired. I work pt time and make my own schedule so it was easy for me to take the extra day off.

I would try and take 4 weeks off like the other girls suggested. Hope all goes well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register