I'm getting excited ... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm getting excited ... I'm getting excited ...

Unread 01-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Re: I'm getting excited ...

All the best to you. So glad your looking forward to a new you. I am 18 days post op. tAH on the way to a new me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2011, 05:51 PM

julberg - it's interesting that your doc put you on a different diet. Mine didn't, but I wonder if I should have? I've been on a raw foods diet (vegan) for about 2.5 weeks now - mostly just for the cleansing aspect. I'm by no means a vegan, but boy it's been hard to get back into eating my regular diet! I can't consume fatty foods at all without a horrible tummy ache. I'm worrying that the hospital food is going to make my original plan to simply cleanse into a situation where I'm dependent on fruits, veggies, and salads!! The good news is there's been tons of fiber, which I hear is good for after when the narcotics start to constipate...

What do you guys think? She also didn't request any sort of bowel cleanse like an enema or anything (unless I wanted to do it on my own). Does that seem strange? Basically my only rule was no food or drink after midnight Tuesday.

I am almost ready too, I've been reading this site like crazy. I feel *so* much better prepared than I would have if I hadn't found it, that's for sure!! I still need to pack my bag, but I have my little bedside pouch loaded up and ready. LOL
Unread 01-23-2011, 06:32 PM

I think it depends on the type of hysterectomy, the procedure & the hospital. I was even given special antibacterial soap to wash the incision site with 2 x today and once before leaving for hospital. Don't worry about it. Whatever you dr says!
Unread 01-23-2011, 07:35 PM

Good luck to you! My surgery is Friday.
Unread 01-23-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kressg23 View Post
What do you guys think? She also didn't request any sort of bowel cleanse like an enema or anything (unless I wanted to do it on my own). Does that seem strange? Basically my only rule was no food or drink after midnight Tuesday.

Hi kressg! It is really important to make sure that you do what your doctor asks/knows/expects because they are the ones who have the whole picture in mind when they begin your surgery. It seems there is an incredibly wide range of instructions that we are given, and indeed it can seem abit strange to us! However, this is one to make sure you clarify with your surgeon and follow their instructions to a "t" so that they don't have to deal with a surprise during surgery.
Unread 01-23-2011, 09:00 PM

Thanks to you all for your posts. I really appreciate it! I tend to get a little out of control with my researching and planning, so I appreciate all of your comments.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register