3 mos post-op hyster-now ovarian cyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 mos post-op hyster-now ovarian cyst 3 mos post-op hyster-now ovarian cyst

Unread 02-01-2005, 06:32 PM
3 mos post-op hyster-now ovarian cyst

hello - need some help-i had a vaginal hysterectomy-uterus and cervix on 10/27, now i have a severe ovaian cyst that my obgyn says i need to have removed. i have never had problems with cysts before. the pain that i have had is the most excruciating i have ever experienced. my dr wants me to have both ovaries removed so that i don't have to worry about cysts or cancer in the remaining ovary, but i worry about hrt-i'm only 44. what have your experiences shown? thanks for the help..staceyp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2005, 06:55 PM

Hi Stacy, sorry you are suffering. I had a TAH Jan 5 2004, about 8 weeks after I started to get sever pain in my right side down into my legs and back. A transvag ultrasound showed a small cyst on my right ovary. My gyn didnt seem that concerned he said that it could go away on its own. The following four months were pain free so my follow up ultrasound in September showed two cyst free ovaries. I have had a cyst off and on for the past 8 years. Comes and goes, when it gets really bad I am in a lot of pain I feel sick and my bowels go south. I have been using progesterone cream since September and things have been a lot better. I attended a couple of seminars and workshops on hrt and progesterone cream so I know there is a lot of information out there, especially on this web site.

I dont believe that mine have gotten big enough to require surgery but it could happen. I was very depressed to have all this happen after I had gone through surgery so I can really feel for you. I hope things work out.

Take Care

Cynthia
Unread 02-01-2005, 07:04 PM

thanks for your post, its nice to know someone else has had a similar experience. my dr wants to do the surgery, but should i wait a few months? i'm just not sure-i go see dr on friday-will be asking lots of questions-i am depressed that this is happening...i was feeling so good, now this..sp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2005, 07:09 PM

Hi there!

I am 35... 6 yrs ago I had my right ovary removed because of a dermoid cyst... and 3 weeks ago I had the rest removed cause of another dermoid on my left ovary!!!!
I decided to just get everything out so that I didnt have to go thru surgery again...

anyways.. I am on premarin and so far so good.. I have had NO problems at all in the hormone dept.
I would like to research progesterone cream some more and maybe give it a try.

I guess it depends on what kind of cyst you have... some of them come and go.. but the ones I had just grow and grow.
did you have an ultrasound??

good luck!!!

Sheri
Unread 02-02-2005, 06:02 AM

Hi there, my story is very similar to yours. I had vaginal hyst 28th Feb 2004 due to a prolapse and at my post op appointment was told I had a large dermoid cyst on my left ovary. I had no symptoms and no pain! I was recommended to have both ovaries removed as dermoid cysts tend to be bilateral which means one could have formed on the right ovary at a later date. I agreed to have both ovaries removed and had the op on 9th December 2004. Now 8 weeks post op and feeling fine. The recovery has been slower presumably because of having an incision but problem free. Have been taking Premarin (oestrogen only) for l month and so far so good. My doc has recommended HRT as I am 45.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register