TOMORROW'S THE DAY | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TOMORROW'S THE DAY TOMORROW'S THE DAY

Unread 02-21-2001, 08:41 AM
TOMORROW'S THE DAY

Hi all!!! I'm starting to freak out. Tomorrow, 2/22 is my day at 7:00 a.m. I'm getting really nervous. Please pray for no complications BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER surgery. Also, that they will be able to take it out vaginally.

Any last minute advice???

Thanks sisters.

-Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2001, 08:46 AM
TOMORROW'S THE DAY

Hi Susan! Tomorrow's the day for me too! I shall keep you and our other fellow hystersisters in mind when I make my way to the castle on the bus and subway bright and early in the morning.

All the best,

Laura
Unread 02-21-2001, 08:53 AM
Oh my

laura, i'll pray for you. where do you live that you have to take a bus and subway? do you have someone going with you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2001, 09:06 AM
TOMORROW'S THE DAY

Susan, I live in Toronto. The hospital is downtown right on the subway line. No, I don't have anyone coming with me, I'm doing this solo!

Laura
Unread 02-21-2001, 09:12 AM
WOW -

You're a brave woman. Do you have anyone picking you up and/or going home with you???

Good luck!!!

I'll definitely keep you in my prayers.
Unread 02-21-2001, 10:33 AM
TOMORROW'S THE DAY

Susan, I'm hoping my parents will pick me up once I'm discharged. It's hard being such an independent person, I hate having to rely on others to help me.

All the best tomorrow,

Laura
Unread 02-21-2001, 12:05 PM
TOMORROW'S THE DAY

Hi Susan,

Bring a trashy tabloid magazine with you to flip thru in the surgery prep area... something you don't hafta concentrate on too hard.

Best wishes on an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery
Unread 02-21-2001, 01:24 PM
ME TOO!!!

Hi
I'm also scheduled tomorrow - 9 AM to be precise! I'm getting a bit edgy. ok, ok, so I'm a wreck! :hair: I can't WAIT to get to the other side!!! Prayers and wonderful thoughts for both of you. I'll be thinking about you both when they wheel me in!
Linda aka paxpak LIW
TVH, 2-22-01
Unread 02-21-2001, 01:34 PM
TOMORROW'S THE DAY

Dear Susan, Laura, and Linda! Our thoughts and prayers will be with you all tomorrow. Please let us know how you're doing. We who are still waiting our turn will want to know all the details. I'm not frightened at all about my own surgery, and I'm sure there is nothing for any of you to worry about. Just think how much better you are going to feel when this is all over. Can you tell me if there was anything special that you needed to do today to prepare for your day? Special diet? Enemas? etc.

Take care of yourselves emotionally, and let others who love you take care of your physical needs.
Unread 02-21-2001, 01:38 PM
Thanks all...

I'll keep you all posted. I haven't done anything to prep for surgery. They just told me not to eat or drink anything after midnight tonight. So- I'm actually pigging out because I know I won't be able to eat for a while.

-Susan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register