Oh man what did I do?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh man what did I do?? Oh man what did I do??

Unread 04-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Oh man what did I do??

Okay I am 13 days outta post-op. The first days I came home and things were great. I was up walking around like I should be doing by the second day home. I was in the hospital for 3 days and couldnt wait to go home. Well I am staying with family, the adopted sort. Here at this house, there are: mom, sister, brother, my b/f and my 2 kids, pop, and 1 grandchild. My best male friend lives here too, but he is in and out due to his job.
I love being here with them, spending time. Here within the last few days, I have no energy. I dont want to be around anyone, not even my own kids. I love my children dearly they are my life. I would be lost without them.
Its just I dont want to say something wrong to someone. They can be talking and they get on my last nerve just for talking. Then my kids and the other family starts arguing, about everyday stuff. The only thing that I can think about is going over there and strangle anyones neck that is arguing with my kids. Better yet anyone who is being loud. I have no patience at all. I am happy sitting outside alone, but I cant do that.
I want to go to my own home and dissappear for the time being, but at the same time, my house would be a mess and I cant get groceries till my check comes in. I made all these plans to stay till the 1st of the month here, now I WANT TO GO HOME!!!
Oh I feel like my world is falling apart...I cry for no reason. I could be sitting watch tv and I cry. Just sitting makes me cry. I'm already on meds for depression and now this?? What else can be thrown at me? Yes I am on hormones but those are going to change on the beginning of the month due to lack of insurance wanting to pay for the patch . Now I get to take a pill once a day. I know I should complain about that either....grrrrr....Now I wonder if this was worth it to begin with...can I go back into surgery and get my parts back????
Thanks for reading I guess, hope that u all feel better then what I am. God bless u and urs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh man what did I do??

You sound overwhelmed. I think when recovering we crave quiet and our own surroundings. No matter how nice people are to us it is never quite the same as being in our own home.

I am assuming you are there to have the extra help with the kids. If you have to wait until the 1st you are going to have to figure out how to manage it. Your hormones are definately an issue too.

Maybe you should create a little routine for yourself and your kids. You are a guest so you have to be sensitive to the others in that house, but try to find a way to carve out a little time alone. Can you ask to have a nap every day while your kids are napping (if they are little)? With my kids I have always noticed that if I give them a little undivided attention, they are content to leave me alone for awhile. Like "mom is going to read you two books, then I am going to read my book alone while you play blocks"

Just some thoughts, you only have less than a week! Hang in there!
Betts
Unread 04-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Oh man what did I do??

Really sounds like you are overwhelmed. You have way to many people around you and thats enough to drive people w/out hormonal issues batty let alone us w/hormonal issues. Tell everyone nicely, when you are reaching that point ,to please leave you alone for a while. and ask that there be no arguing or take it outside.talk w/ your doc as well . He/she may have some advice. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register