TAH 3 week post hysterectomy - no spotting or discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 week post hysterectomy - no spotting or discharge 3 week post hysterectomy - no spotting or discharge

Unread 04-22-2015, 11:59 AM
3 week post hysterectomy - no spotting or discharge

So. Three weeks post op TAH. Just wanted to know if I will eventually spot at all?? I didn't bleed or have discharge at all. Lots of pressure and pulling pain mostly on my left side. Bladder pain, painful when emptied or full and when I void. Always feels full. Hope this gets better. I had a UTI right after surgery and was given antibiotics. Only see my Doctor may 8 for my 6 week appt. I'm 2 hours away from my doctor. Hope all goes well, I think the worst is waiting for pathogy reports!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Re: 3 week post op silly questions.....

You may spot or you may not.
Its normal either way as long as it doesn't fill a pad in an hour or smells foul.
Weeks 3-6 you can have internal stitches dissolving so you may have some spotting with that and that might explain the pains you are having.
If you are allowed it, anti-inflammatories help some of those pains you describe.
But as always when in doubt call your doctor to check in and be sure you are healing correctly. Also should get checked to be sure you don't still have a bladder infection since sometimes you need to take the antibiotic longer or you need a different antibiotic.
Take great care
Unread 04-22-2015, 12:14 PM
3 week post hysterectomy - no spotting or discharge

Thanks! Ya I should call my doctor but being the busy idiot I always put it off thinking it's nothing. Guess I shouldn't fool around. I still have some torodol left I keep it for night time so I can sleep. I was only on the antibiotics for 5 days. Maybe it wasn't enough!! I love this groups. So supportive and informative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2015, 12:23 PM

Hi. Tomorrow is my 4wk po. TAH
After the surgery, I had a pad on, but very very slight bleeding. Probably only a day of spotting. I went home after 2 nights, and kept a pad on, but never had any bleeding. (kept pad on more because once my bladder started working again - couldn't always get to toilet in time!)
Still getting left side pains and when bladder is full, but no spotting.
Unread 04-22-2015, 02:16 PM

I only had bleeding the first day. I have vaginal cuff so that could have been the reason for no bleeding after the one day. I had bladder spasms and they lasted 2 months. I found that if you hold your pee for a couple hours, it didn't hurt much. My docs told me hold no longer than 4 hours.
Unread 04-22-2015, 05:09 PM

Since your doctor is 2 hours away, can you go to Urgent Care or your primary doc to check again for UTI?? Or is there a local lab your doc could send an order to?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register