lupron treatment - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

lupron treatment lupron treatment

Unread 06-24-2005, 03:55 PM
lupron treatment

Hi,
I also took the Lupron injections. I was scheduled to do 3, as well, but I gave up after the second one. About 2 weeks after the first injection the hot flashes and night sweats appeared. And, boy, they were nasty. Some days I wouldn't get any. Other days I would go from dripping sweat to piling on the clothes and freezing! I remember waking up one morning and thinking I had wet the bed. That was my first experience with a BAD night sweat.
As I said, I did 2 Lupron injections and they really didn't do anything for my pain...just caused me to sweat a lot! So, we scheduled my hysterectomy (5/5/05). The surgery itself went well and I was home 2 days later. Unfortunately, I was readmitted to the hospital 5 days after that....EXTREME pain in my back (kidney area). It was determine that there was a "ureter obstruction" and the urine was not draining from the right kidney. A surgery to stent the ureter was unsuccessful. The next day I was taken to radiology and a nephroscopy tube was inserted directly into my right kidney. It drains into a bag, which is strapped to my leg. So, each time I urinate (left kidney still drains into bladder) I manually empty this bag. I was told that I must wait 90 days (Aug. 5) before the urologist can re-open the original incision to repair the ureter. Needless to say, it's been a frustrating battle that I can't wait to end!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2005, 08:00 AM
jryan

I am sorry to hear about your problems, as women we have to deal with a lot. But, I think that is what makes us so strong. Hang in there, girl. It will be over soon and you will be back to normal. I will say a prayer for you.
Unread 06-28-2005, 02:09 PM
lupron treatment

hello there everyone
i just got my tah appointment it is for aug 26-finally. have to get 2 more lupron shots and then operation and then it will finally be over.
i am so excited and scared at the same time. hope everything goes well.
bye for now and good luck to everybody who is waiting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Hummingbird789

You will be glad you did this in the long run. I took 1 Lupron shot and had the surgery 3 months later and I think going into menapause was not as bad by taking the shot. I did have night sweats after the surgery, but HRT took care of that. Good luck to you and please let us know how you are doing.
Unread 07-10-2005, 04:48 PM
lupron treatment

had my 2nd lupron shot on july 5---still no hot flashes or night sweats-just cold flashes-have to wear socks and shoes just to stay warm-most of the pain is gone except in the butt area-can't sit for long at a time. today is a bad day for the butt. oh well at least not as much pain now-no pain killers just gravol for the nausea, but that is usually every third or fourth day. just another 7 weeks to go and then its all over. hop[e everyone else is doing okay.
bye for now
Unread 07-11-2005, 12:20 PM
lupron treatment

Good luck with your second shot. I had more cold flashes that hot flashes. I would rather be cold that hot. I was a little moody though.
I waited to have my surgery and I think the Lupron shot helped a lot. I was not thrown into memopause all at one time, just gradually. A hysterectomy will put you into instant memapause. Good luck with the surgery. I know you will be glad when it is over.
Unread 07-11-2005, 07:04 PM
lupron treatment

i also did just two lupron injections, because i have lupus, the lupron caused my lupus to flare real bad, the joints that is. i have an appt. the end of august to schedule my ablation. then we will do a total hysterectomy. my doctor said i have to have a failed ablation first. he said the ablation will help my bleeding, but not the pain. needless to say, my last lupron injection was june 7th. i still haven't gotten a period, but i have extreme cramps like i do. vicodan doesn't even take them totally away. when will i get a period? i still have the hot flashes though, especially at night
Unread 07-12-2005, 02:13 PM
lupron treatment

I took 1 Lupron shot and did spot every month until surgery. You are not supposed to. Call your nurse and talk to her, she may better be able to help you understand Lupron. I heard Vitimin E works for hot flashes.
Patricia
Unread 08-11-2005, 03:31 PM
lupron treatment

hello ladies
i received my final lupron shot on monday, and had my visit to the castle for my pre-op on august 5th. i'm still feeling pretty good -no hot flashes or night sweats yet. just a lot of sleepless nights-dr says its from lupron shots and wants me to go on estrogen until week before opereation---not worth it only two weeks to go-i am getting anxious and scared at the same time-dr says could only be 1 day in hospital -hospital says 2to 4 days for tah with ovary removal- anybody else get out in 1 day. i am going to have an epidural for the pain management after, anastesiologist says it is the best wat to go because they will want to have me up within 2 hours of getting back to my room she is also going to give me something for the pre-surgery jitters that day (aug 26th)if anybody has anything they want to say please feel free to write back,
donna
Unread 08-11-2005, 04:46 PM
lupron treatment

Good luck with your surgery! we will all keep u in our thoughts.

I had the 3 month shot back in june. It has helped with the pain some.. but not completely.. and i have started my period again. I am right on schedule. I guess i am one of those it doesnt do much for. I go back to the dr in mid sept. we will decide then what to do next.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register