Omg....can Anything Else Go Wrong Befor Friday???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Omg....can Anything Else Go Wrong Befor Friday???? Omg....can Anything Else Go Wrong Befor Friday????

Unread 10-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Omg....can Anything Else Go Wrong Befor Friday????

5 days to go and the hurdles and road blocks are making me wonder if God wants me to re-think this whole thing.

My gyn has gone to a lot of trouble to accommodate my panic attack disorder. Both preop and my hospital stay.
The nurse has gotten me all set for a post-op IBS/lazy bowel attack. Special diet and meds.
Thursday I had to run to the Doc-in-the-box ( my gyn is 2 hrs away) for a doozie of a case of mastitis and was given antibiotics.
Friday I had to go to the dentist to have a popcorn hull removed from my gum. Infection there, too. The antibiotic I'm on for the breast "should" take care of the mouth. I'm just waiting for a yeast infection!!!!!

To be safe, I've stayed home for weeks to avoid any bugs only to wake up this morning with sneezes, runny nose and a sore throat. My DH confessed he's had the same symptoms for two days.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

I don't think I'll be able to go in on Friday. If I develop a cough, I'm toast! If I was only having a hyst I could get through....but I'm havin an a&p sling too...don't want to cough it out!??!

I've had so much psych. prep to do this now.....I don't know how I'll have the courage to go through the waiting again.

I'm ready to...........I don't know...........screammmmmmmm!!

Do I really need to pee sitting down?
Pooping every day might be over rated??
My DH...we can find an alternative to intercourse.
The mass is just a smudge on the cat and ultrasounds...OK???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2008, 10:03 PM

I'll pray for you. Sorry you are so stressed out. That can't possibly help your body heal.
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:59 AM

Take plenty of vitamin C get plenty of fluids and plenty of rest. My dh is recovering from pneumonia and so far I haven't caught it and my surgery is tomorrow. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep a positive mind.

Sue Huls
TVH with TVT sling Oct 7, 2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2008, 06:39 AM

((( bonnetbabe ))) you do have a lot going on right now
Hopefully those meds will help with the sneezes and runny nose too.

Hang in there, maybe everything will clear up in time for you
It does sound like you do have a sense of humor and are trying to keep a positive attitude. I'll add some good wishes and prayers to that for you.

S
Unread 10-06-2008, 10:11 AM

I am very proud of you bonnet (((Hugs))). YOu are going thru so much right now. YOu can see the humor. You can also see the reality of it....and I understand you extra struggles. I am one of those people who generally carries several on my plate....you seem to be able to balance well. Having that skill as many women here do, you aslo know that it may not be the time. so take soem time to weight this out carefully . I hear you about the coughing. YOu only have one chance to recover a ndyou deserve the best!!!! you are a princess !! and they surgical unit wouldnt want an infection in there for anyones sake ....you are all precious. I wish you wellness.I can jsut tell you are wise and I really jsut wanted ato respond to let you know you are very supported here!!!! (((hugs)))
Unread 10-06-2008, 10:41 AM

Bonnetbabe,
I had been illness free of anything for something like 2 yrs. I waited 4 mths to get a surgery date and thought maybe they forgot about me.

Then I got a call for a date about a week before it happened & wouldn't you know it, I got a cold & sore throat 2 days before surgery.

I made a call to the Dr.'s office told them on a message what was wrong, but no one returned my call about it. So I went ahead with my plans at work, did my bowel prep early that morning, and told them when I arrived too.

The anesthetist then explained any concerns they or I might have had. I weighed the pros & cons & decided to go ahead. The stats he gave me did not worry me, so away I went.

Recovery was probably a tiny bit more difficult, but I then had other things to concern me more than a little cold.

Anyways, I'm Okay. Talk to your Dr. and get the answers you need especially about any over the counter meds you might take before surgery that might affect things.

Good luck with everything. You'll be better soon.
Unread 10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Thankx for all the Love

Thank you everyone for all your loving thoughts and posts!
I had all my labs done yesterday and it looks like all will be a go for Friday.
I did check with my doc and he said unless I have a fever or a deep, congested cough ( which till now I have TOTALLY avoided, praise the LORD) I'm castle bound!

Now if I could just get these butterflies in my belly to move on
Unread 10-07-2008, 10:25 PM

Tell the fever and deep coughs to avoid you at all costs. I hope you are feeling better before your trip to the castle on Friday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register