Scheduled LAVH Stressed n scared and just need to vent | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stressed n scared and just need to vent Stressed n scared and just need to vent

Unread 12-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Stressed n scared and just need to vent

I'm very new to this and it seems like all I do is hop on good old hyster sisters and read every second I can. I'm 35 single mother of 3 ~15,10,4 and I've been waiting and wanting this surgery for 5 years due to heavy bleeding 24-32 weeks at a time ladies!!!! Doesn't help PCOS too but I've become an expert on that lol, I know that removal of my uterus and possibly my naughty ovary will not cure the PCOS symptoms it will take away the biggest problem!!! I'm hoping I can exercise, buy pretty panties, buy cute jeans, find a job, just start my life over coming out of a very DV marriage this past year and going through a very big roller coaster over the weekend I feel like I'm falling apart and I'm terrified when all I should be doing is being so happy I can't stand it!!! Surgery is obviously is in 2 days my daughters biggest bball game of season is same day of surgery recruiters will be there she is a sophomore and a D1 recruit right now with tons of top college letters so LOTS OF STRESS~ only to find out today she's having sex~ my son who my soon to be ex took back in august came for a visit for thanksgiving and decided he wanted to stay with me!!!! 3 days before surgery!!!! I don't know if I'm strong enough for all of this ~just a hot mess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2013, 04:10 AM
Re: Stressed n scared and just need to vent

Hi, I just wanted to say, calm down and breathe!!! You do have a lot going on but you also sound like a very strong woman and you will cope and find a way through!! There really is a solution or a compromise to every single problem, just start tackling them one by one!! I'm 7 days post of for a TAH with removal of tubes, I have 1 ovary left!! Your going to need to go into this surgery with a clear mind, I do believe the way you go into it is the way you come out!!! You may find all the kids rally together to support you, you just might be pleasantly surprised by a lot of things?! If not think of it as a whole new start to life, I'm 29 and cancer was my reason for TAH and since not being in so much pain I am already feeling the positives of the surgery, I also started reevaluating my life and the people in it, where I want to be? Changes I want to make to me personally and in life generally!!! This surgery can be your new start, go into 2014, strong, healthy, with new ideas and new attitudes!!! Please stay positive and strong..... I will check in on you after your surgery, good luck and just remember to breathe and that there is nothing that can't be fixed or changed!! Hugs n love kel x
Unread 12-03-2013, 04:30 AM

KJ, always remember behind every dark cloud there's a Silver lining. Don't let stress and the cares of this life get you down. Always Pray... Will keep you in my prayers. I hope all goes well with your surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2013, 04:38 AM

Isn't it weird how our surgeries become everyone else's stress? My husband keeps promising to help get things ready. The house, the kids schedules etc. Nothing yet. I figure I just have to push through and can't wait untol I am in the OR. After that, the family will just have to "swim".....thank God for my mom and best girlfriends.....and this site
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz28 View Post
Hi, I just wanted to say, calm down and breathe!!! You do have a lot going on but you also sound like a very strong woman and you will cope and find a way through!! There really is a solution or a compromise to every single problem, just start tackling them one by one!! I'm 7 days post of for a TAH with removal of tubes, I have 1 ovary left!! Your going to need to go into this surgery with a clear mind, I do believe the way you go into it is the way you come out!!! You may find all the kids rally together to support you, you just might be pleasantly surprised by a lot of things?! If not think of it as a whole new start to life, I'm 29 and cancer was my reason for TAH and since not being in so much pain I am already feeling the positives of the surgery, I also started reevaluating my life and the people in it, where I want to be? Changes I want to make to me personally and in life generally!!! This surgery can be your new start, go into 2014, strong, healthy, with new ideas and new attitudes!!! Please stay positive and strong..... I will check in on you after your surgery, good luck and just remember to breathe and that there is nothing that can't be fixed or changed!! Hugs n love kel x
Thanks Kel I so needed to hear that!!! Love back at you and I'm so glad you are cancer free!!! Sounds like I can pull off of your strength your the strong one!!!! Xoxo
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimples25 View Post
KJ, always remember behind every dark cloud there's a Silver lining. Don't let stress and the cares of this life get you down. Always Pray... Will keep you in my prayers. I hope all goes well with your surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Thanks so much!!!!!!!
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1970 View Post
Isn't it weird how our surgeries become everyone else's stress? My husband keeps promising to help get things ready. The house, the kids schedules etc. Nothing yet. I figure I just have to push through and can't wait untol I am in the OR. After that, the family will just have to "swim".....thank God for my mom and best girlfriends.....and this site
Thanks so much!!!!
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:33 AM

Awesome way of looking at things. I am extending my sick leave to make time to sort out my life and begin fresh, new and strong. Opportunity of a life time as far as I'm concerned.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register