Stand on my feet all day 5 hrs straight is 2 weeks recovery enough | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stand on my feet all day 5 hrs straight is 2 weeks recovery enough Stand on my feet all day 5 hrs straight is 2 weeks recovery enough

Unread 09-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Stand on my feet all day 5 hrs straight is 2 weeks recovery enough

I am having surgery next month I work for a good service so I am on my feet from 6:30 -1:30 everyday... Is 2 wks enough recovery time? And I am new. How do I find these replies later ?? Thx 😊
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2015, 02:40 PM
Re: Stand on my feet all day 5 hrs straight is 2 wks enough

Two weeks is ambitious. Different people have different recovery experiences. You *might* be able to do it, you might not. Can you ask for more time off now and then go back earlier if it turns out you're feeling okay?

You'll get an e-mail notifying you that I've replied to your thread, and you can click on the link in the e-mail to see my reply. Also you can go to the Pre-op Discussion Board and find your thread there. :-)
Unread 09-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Re: Stand on my feet all day 5 hrs straight is 2 wks enough

There is no way on earth I could have at 2 weeks. Nope. I still was very tired and standing to long caused me to swell badly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2015, 10:10 PM
Stand on my feet all day 5 hrs straight is 2 weeks recovery enough

My Dr. Told me 4-6 weeks. Two sounds too soon to me.
Unread 09-20-2015, 11:03 PM
Re: Stand on my feet all day 5 hrs straight is 2 weeks recovery enough

i am currently 2weeks post op and i dont think its enough time personally... even just going to see my dad at his work and sitting around and walking some was hard on me... going to a drive in movie was also hard even though we sit the whole time i did walk to the concessions and back and sitting though a movie of course... anyways... ive been super sore.. even with not over doing it... ive listened and followed the rules for the most part and im still so sore and tender and it hurts to stand and walk too much..... all in all i say it depends on u and how u feel... me personally id say no not ready for that... but u may feel differently
Unread 09-21-2015, 02:39 AM

I went back to work at 2 weeks. I wish i had taken more time. I couldn't stand for more than 15min at a time, anymore and I got really crampy. I was exhausted. If you can take more time off, I would.
Unread 09-21-2015, 06:19 AM

I could have, but I had a very smooth easy recovery. Unfortunately, you won't know for sure until after your surgery.
Unread 09-21-2015, 06:49 PM

No way would I have been able to at 2 weeks. Nope. But I do know some people on my recovery thread were healing way faster.
Unread 09-21-2015, 08:00 PM

Through my own personal experience, I would say no! I am 5 weeks post op, TAH, and I still don't feel ready to go back. I am a teachers aide at a preschool for 3 year olds and it can be "active" at times. I find that after any activity, I tend to become swollen and achy, which is my body's way of telling me no! We all heal differently, but be kind to yourself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register