anyone else tired and fatigued? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone else tired and fatigued? anyone else tired and fatigued?

Unread 11-03-2005, 09:34 AM
anyone else tired and fatigued?

I started back to work last week. I only work partime hours usually 5 hrs a day. I have been working 1pm -4pm and I'm frustrated because I'm tired!! I'm dragging in the morning and need a am nap. I can't sleep at night and I've tried over the counter sleep aids and ambian(spelling?) no luck. One night I took 3 tylonal pm and didn't phase me. I have been trying not to take a nap in the morning and I still can't sleep at night. Has anyone else felt like this? Forgive me rambling. I'm not taking any hormones yet, but Friday I will be going to a compound pharm and will be tested.. I tried to work 4 hrs yesterday and couldnt do it. My job is not physically demanding at all Thanks for letting me vent._Esty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2005, 09:44 AM

OMG, can I relate! I'm starting back to work full time on Monday and don't know how I'll function. I'm sooooo exhausted. Physically drained. However, my counselor told me last night he thinks it's depression (and he doesn't believe in meds .. we must work through the issues .. one of which being that I must return to work to a coworker that makes it a living hell for me!).

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. It's frustrating, I know. Right now I sit here all day, doing nothing. I took a walk last night .. about a tenth of a mile and turned around. Woohooo. What a workout! I just can't motivate. I'm sooooo tired. Like weak.

My improvement this week, though, is that I finally started sleeping a bit more at night .. I think I'm getting about 4-5 hours of solid sleep. So, I'm optimistic that the number of hours will keep growing.

Take care of yourself and rest as much and as often as you need.
Unread 11-03-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm Tired Too

I can relate to both of you. Had TAH/BSO on 9/15/05 and just came back to work full-time this past Monday (10/31). I do clerical work so it's not physically demanding either. The first day wasn't too bad -- didn't do a whole lot but get reacquainted with everyone. The second day was worse. Yesterday was really bad -- DH had to make dinner last night -- I laid around on the couch all evening. This morning, I'm not sure I'm going to make it till the end of the day. Everyone thinks because I'm back, I'm just fine and dandy, all healthy and roarin' to go. Wrong! I think the Drs push us too much to get back to work at 6 wks. I know I could have used another 2 wks to recover.

At least I'm sleeping better -- I get about 4 hrs uninterrupted sleep a night which is great for me. I know I'm looking forward to the weekend!

Let's all hang in there and hope things get better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Yes! Big time! I'm 3+ weeks out and have less energy than in week 1!

I did some errands yesterday and by the 3rd one, I felt like I was going to collapse in the middle of CVS. It was sort of like a low blood sugar attack, but I had eaten first, so I knew it was post-op fatigue. I confirmed this by heading home and having fruit and a sugary drink which didn't help at all. Lying down did!

I'm still confused about what I'm supposed to do and what I shouldn't, which advice applies to those of us like me who've had laps and those with larger incisions. A friend's sister (TAH, then BSO 8 months later, poor thing) said her doc told her the same restrictions apply to both.

So I have 2 loads of laundry waiting to be done and would really rather not ask DH, whose long-hours, long-commute life makes me feel guilty to begin with!

If anyone can list the do's and don'ts, that would be a huge favor...this way I can point to the website and say, "Well, the Hystersisters tell me that I can do X but not Y, etc....."

Hannah
Unread 11-03-2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoplusadeno
I did some errands yesterday and by the 3rd one, I felt like I was going to collapse in the middle of CVS. It was sort of like a low blood sugar attack, but I had eaten first, so I knew it was post-op fatigue. I confirmed this by heading home and having fruit and a sugary drink which didn't help at all. Lying down did!

I'm still confused about what I'm supposed to do and what I shouldn't, which advice applies to those of us like me who've had laps and those with larger incisions. A friend's sister (TAH, then BSO 8 months later, poor thing) said her doc told her the same restrictions apply to both.

So I have 2 loads of laundry waiting to be done and would really rather not ask DH, whose long-hours, long-commute life makes me feel guilty to begin with!

If anyone can list the do's and don'ts, that would be a huge favor...this way I can point to the website and say, "Well, the Hystersisters tell me that I can do X but not Y, etc....."

Hannah
Hannah, you are still very early in recovery. Go to "Checkpoints" at the top of the screen and there are do's and don'ts for you to review.

Do not feel guilty...this is "your" time. Be a good little princess, and take care of yourself.
Unread 11-03-2005, 04:36 PM

Hannah, let the laundry sit for now, it's not worth it! If you can get anyone else to help you, DO IT! My mom has helped alot, thank god for her. My husband has done most of the wash for a month now. I tried picking up the mess on the floor and overdid it and boy did I pay. So, don't do anything that could cause a relapse. Take care of yourself, it's so important. How you heal now can affect you for years to come...

Hugs,

Lilli
Unread 11-03-2005, 05:32 PM

Thank you....and I would note, you are SO lucky to have family nearby to help. All I have is a sister about 45 minutes away and an elderly MIL overseas who is taking care of her 100+ year-old father, or else she would've flown over. It will all work out; sometimes I think I'm just panicking because I'm lonely and bored and still a little frightened of the future.......

Thanks and have a nice night!

H.
Unread 11-03-2005, 09:25 PM

((esty)) I can definitely relate to the tire and fatigue. I have been back to work full time for 2 weeks now and I am so tired by the end of the day. I don't feel like doing anything in regards to housework when I get home from work.. I hope this gets better. I feel wonderful now but just can't seem to get my energy back yet. GRRRRRR!!!
Unread 11-03-2005, 09:56 PM

Hannah and all, don't you wish they had local support groups to help us? I live in NY and there is nothing here. I'm so glad I found this place, it has answered so many of my questions through the experiences of my hystersisters. I really would love to start a local group by me. There's probably a real need for one everywhere. We are blessed though to have this site. To all my sisters who feel alone, annoyed, in pain, hotflashing or scared....you are not alone!

Hugs and fast healing,

Lilli
Unread 11-03-2005, 10:25 PM

I work at home, and I notice a lot of fluctuation from day to day in my energy level. Fortunately, if I need to take a nap, I can usually do that, just means my work day might get a bit longer. I think it's important to be active enough during the day in order to get a good night's sleep. If I can accomplish that, the next day seems to be better in terms of my energy level, but there are ebbs and flows in this tide, and we just have to obey them as we heal, I think.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register