TVH Bored out of my mind | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bored out of my mind Bored out of my mind

Unread 11-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Bored out of my mind

I've tried crocheting, magazines, catching up with friends and I still have 3-4 weeks to go. How are you ladies staying sane?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Re: Bored out of my mind

I'm working part time since Day 10, and it's all I can do... exhausted when I get home.

Here are a few ideas...

Breaking Bad Marathon (if you haven't already seen it)
Magic Piano (iPhone, iPad)
Unread 11-20-2013, 02:07 AM

I'm exactly the same!
I think I'll go crazy before I get back to work. I'm on day 11 now and I don't seem to be able to focus on things I could be doing ie: planning and maybe Internet buying the Xmas gifts. Social media is saving me at the mo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2013, 03:31 AM

Yup and I am only 1 week out. I can at least plan some lessons for my classes so that will kill some time. Going to try that today. Lots of Lifetime movies. Maybe I will start a Christmas gift notebook again. Pinterest is giving me TONS of ideas.
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:38 AM

1) DVD TV series from the library. I've watched many seasons of:
* Breaking Bad
* Mad Men
* Enlightened
* House of Cards
I use the online library catalog to place holds on what I'd like to see and a friend picks them up for me.

2) Knitting

3) Knitting and listening to episodes of "This American Life" online

4) Christmas shopping online

5) Looking for new recipes to try at Thanksgiving
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:01 AM

I am 7 days out and totally understand. I am soooooo bored. I go from a recliner to the bed all day. I haven't smoked since surgery so now I eat more. I am up until 4am some nights because I am just not tired from doing nothing all day. My husband checked out two days ago so it is no fun here while he takes off work. We still are not sleeping together since the surgery and he stopped checking on me since we had a small fight two days ago. Ughhhhh. I cry a few times a day for different reasons and my pain is somewhat better. Not so much gas pains anymore but just a pressure and straining feeling in pelvic region. My back is the worst part. It hurts so bad. I walk laps around the house a few times a day and may venture outside today. I want to drive but I guess I will hold off a little bit longer. Like you, I am trying to lose the boredom. I have no patience lately and my attention span is off and I can't seem to relax and read or watch tv or surf. I just kind of exist at the moment lol
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:07 AM

Pintrest baby!! I was right there with ya, til I was given insight to this wonderful little time waster! I can drive myself to the craft store & that's very dangerous! Good luck!! D
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:12 AM

Pinterest has saved me!! I am going to work on a PowerPoint for my sub right now. Easy enough to do while sitting. Took a lap around the house. I am one of those people who saves the little boxes jewelry comes in so I got rid of a few that were on my bureau. Killed 5 minutes.
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:53 AM

Well I just walked down to the rec room/basement (while holding belly) and paced a little bit then got tired then here I am back on the main floor in the recliner.....it is gonna be another loooooooong and boring day. Hubby is playing Dictator and won't let me drive to cvs alone yet. He also tells me "not yet" on going out out. I can walk around outside "if I want" but that's it. Gee thanks Mr. Dictator Husband lol......I know it is because he cares but I think he is getting off playing boss of me since surgery lol
Unread 11-20-2013, 11:25 AM

I BROKE out and drove to CVS AMA (against Mister's instruction) last Friday and did pretty well until the store got crowded. I may try to do a touch of laundry today...otherwise it's couponing vids on YouTube, DIY gifts for coworkers on Pinterest and feeling like I'm a part of the world via social networking. Yay me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register