Scheduled dVH/RALH Yikes! I am so scared!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yikes! I am so scared!!! Yikes! I am so scared!!!

Unread 07-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Yikes! I am so scared!!!

Due to my excessive (TONS) of bleeding monthly without any other symptoms like fibroids, endo. , etc. the gyno said that ablation would not be a good fit for me as he is almost certain that I have adenomyosis. I have a clock work period with no cramping or any other issues but I bleed so excessively that I am always extremely anemic and have to take medication for it. I am due to start AF today or tomorrow and he said that I will have the robotic-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy before my next cycle so about three weeks, I will have the date on Monday. I have only had one surgery in my life and that was my c-section in 1994 when I was 17 years old. I am petrified of medication and anesthesia....I am tired of losing 1-3 days per month due to not being able to leave my bathroom but this is so final! The gyno said that this is the least evasive and easiest hysterectomy to have??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Re: Yikes! I am so scared!!!

I am feeling the same I bleed terribly and get so anemic and headachy I also have adeno I have never had any surgery other than tubal and I was in a twilight sleep I am beyond petrified I have 5 weeks until surg and yes it seems so final how will I feel when I don't have a uterus I almost feel so silly but I am with you good luck on your surg
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:52 PM

Hi Ladies,
I had adenomyosis with all the symptoms you are describing. I was tired of having my period dominate my life. it is normal to feel afraid of the unknown, but I am here to tell you you can do it! I am 6 weeks post-op today and I had an abdominal Hyster. I feel fine, still a little sore, but doing well. This is a very common surgery, lots of women have had it and we have very good reasons for needing it. hugs to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2013, 11:19 PM

I had the same problem too with bleeding all the time. My doctor tried to put me on medicine to stop the bleeding but nothing worked. So I got a TLH a little over three weeks ago. I was so tired of bleeding. Now no bleeding! Best decision I ever made! I have had hardly any problems since surgery. I was very scared about surgery but if I knew then what I know now I would not of been scared! I feel so much better since surgery. The first week I was sore and the rest I feel great! Your doing this to make you better and it's worth it! Surgery will feel like a second to you. It went so quick for me that I didn't remember going to sleep. I wasn't hurting in recovery. Nurses kept asking if I wanted pain killers and I said no because I didn't see any reason to take it if I wasn't hurting. My doctor had planned for me to stay the night but since I did so well he let me go home that night. This was my first surgery and so glad I did it. You can do this! I know it is nerve wracking but you can do it!
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the responses! Since I am on day 3 of AF I am remembering quickly what there is to look forward to after surgery. I do not take Tylenol for migraines so I am petrified of the meds that they will use to put me to sleep and control the pain. I am also getting worried about how it will affect my sex life and ability to "O" afterwards. Do they take the pieces out through your vagina with da Vinci method or out through the little incision holes?? The doctor said that it will be a day surgery and I will go home that afternoon....I am worried!! I know that the emotional piece will be very difficult for me as well as we have been trying to have another baby for the past 4 years with no success. I have one bio that is 19 and one adopted that is 20 (I am 37) and my DH had a vasectomy after I miscarried when the boys were small that we had reversed in 2009. He has a lot of antibodies from the 12 years that he had the vasectomy so we have not been able to conceive. In my mind I know that we are done but having the option removed is a bit tough. We are not willing to pursue IVF, etc. and the bleeding that I have is ruining my life so we have made the decision to move forward with surgery. I feel sorry for my husband because he has had to take me to the ER a few times due to heavy bleeding in the middle of the night and he is a great support! It would be amazing to have one holiday or vacation without bleeding (AF, although regular, always hits at those times).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register