Feeling very Overwhelmed and Anxious | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling very Overwhelmed and Anxious Feeling very Overwhelmed and Anxious

Unread 10-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Feeling very Overwhelmed and Anxious

As I was walking in the house from work on Wednesday evening thoroughtly drenched to the skin (we had been having non stop rain for days and horrendous flooding), the phone rings. On Sept 23 I went for my annual mammagram. Well they want me to come back and have a few more x rays taken along with an ultrasound. They saw what looks like fatty tissue. They will do the scans and I will see a doctor. I am really trying to stay calm and not get upset, but after all that I have been through this past year with the ovarian cancer diagnosis last November, than the TAH/BSO, appendectomy, om,entumectony along woth the huge tunor and dont fprget the small one, then the chemo, Than surgery 5 weeks ago for a hernia repair, it is hard not to get upset. They caught me off guard so I made the appointment to follow two other dr appointments I have on 10/20. The ironic thing is that I am scheduled to have some genetic testing done on Thursday next week for what is called the BRCA1 & BRCA2 genes to see if there are any mutations in these genes. Defects would show I was predisposed for Ovarian and Breast cancer. Well I already tackled Ovarian and because of that I am at a much higher risk for breast cancer. I was anxiois enough about having this testing done in the first place now this. I know it could very well be nothing, but I dont know if I can do this all again. What they did say was that they didnt have any previous films to compare this to either so I am trying to get those as well. It is just that it is almost 1 year since my diagnosis and I have been so excited about being able to celebrate that 1 year anniversary. I spoke to my dr's nurse practitioner and she was very assuring that this doesnt mean it is something bad, it is just out of the ordinary. Also my last chemo was on 04/01/05 so if it is cancer it should be very early. Can you tell I am tryng to not get all worked up about it, but I just dont want to play this game again , you know. Anyway I will kep you all posted with what ever I do find out on Thursday. Please keep me in your prayers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 03:17 PM

You've had a lot going on in the past year so now it's normal to feel very scared and overwhelmed. Also, iut sounds as if your doctors are being very careful with you, which is good. Your history has them doing double duty. I'm sure that when they do the followup tests they'll see that all is OK with you. However, once we get the cancer diagnosis one place, suddenly anything and everything else scares us--it could be cancer. My best advice is not to waste a good panic--nerves are natural but wasting a good panic is counterproductive. Definitely not panic time--and do let us know the results. You're on my prayer list that all comes out normal.

If it helps, let me assure you nerves aren't yours alone. This last spring I had my mammogram and hadn't had one for 2+ years "because I just knew" they'd see something. Off I went, full of doom but knowing it had to be done. The results--just fine! See, even those of us who look strong, etc. are nervous as well.
Unread 10-16-2005, 05:09 PM

Thanks Marget. I really aporeciate your comments. Honestly I am worried but not in a full panic, it is almost as if i am more disappointed or honkerblonked off , if that makes sense. Actually today I am doping a little better. Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 05:29 PM

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I understand your fears & anxiety because I panic over everything as well. Try to stay positive & like Margaret says "don't waste a good panic" even thoughI know that it's easier said than done from experience! I hope everything turns out to be nothing & I'll be praying for you.
Unread 10-16-2005, 05:35 PM

Thanks you mori, i just love being able to tell my sisters about my fears and have them understand
Unread 10-16-2005, 07:23 PM

Karin,
Just want to send a big and say that stupid Cancerhead messes with us all and very understandably when any follow up testings, even non-related, is requested. At least you're appoinment will come up soon and hopefully your very cautious doctor can call with results ASAP. I will be keeping you in prayer for good results.
s, peggiesue
Unread 10-17-2005, 04:26 PM

Karin,

I'm sending up some big ole prayers for you. I, too, know how anxious we tend to get in situations like this. I hope your worries are all for nothing.

Big 's
Unread 10-19-2005, 08:44 PM

Please keep me in your thoughts i go for my follow upo diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound tomorrow
Unread 10-20-2005, 07:43 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went for the diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound today. I also was able to get me previous films from last year. They took another set of pictures today and compared them to the ones from last month and last year and saw the same thing with no change, it is just fibrofatty tissue. Thank you everyone for all your prayers and well wishes!
Unread 10-20-2005, 07:58 PM

Congrats on your GREAT NEWS!!!

I just love hearing good news!

Love and prayers,
Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register