Something nice to look forward to... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Something nice to look forward to... Something nice to look forward to...

Unread 08-03-2001, 11:27 AM
Something nice to look forward to...

Just thought I'd share something from my experience post-hyst that you LIWs might find encouraging.

Before my hyst, for the same 3+ years that I was plagued by long periods, excessive bleeding, pain, etc., every little tickle in my nose would turn into a full-blown really bad cold, flu, respiratory infection, or something. I couldn't lie down or I'd cough all night, and would have to sleep half sitting up on the couch for a week. I'd have awful fevers (like 105!), my heart would race. These would go one for 3-4 weeks! For another few weeks after I began to feel better I'd still be coughing all the time, and my voice would be hoarse. I'd get them every few months. It seemed like I was always sick. I was known for it - my friends would say "Oh no, Linda's got one her awful colds again."

Well... It's been almost 8 months. I've had several "uh-oh, here comes a cold" incidents. But with just a little rest, zinc, and vitamin C they've all cleared up within a day! I haven't been sick with anything at all since my hyst!

I can't say exactly what the link is, but I can't imagine that all that bleeding, stress, etc. could have been good for me. Now that I'm not dealing with that I've been able to fight off everything that's come around.

Just something positive to add to the list of possible benefits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2001, 11:02 PM

Hi, Horsewoman!
You were one of the first posters I emailed (about your horses) when I first registered as a member here...glad that you have been back on the boards lately.

I am only 5 months post and while I don't have anything as dramatic to report, I can say that I feel great! As I have said before, it IS amazing that a period is not going to sneak up on me and ruin that "great" feeling!! A definite bonus to the real goal...good health.

Unread 08-03-2001, 11:35 PM

Linda,

I am SO glad that you are feeling well! Myself? I am a NEW WOMAN!

I agree that the stress from the excessive bleeding causes other problems.

Here's to a healthier, happier YOU!!!

Love and Hugs,
Lola
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2001, 12:33 AM
Link between bad health and horrible periods.

Hello Sisters!!

This is my very first post as I found this site while crying over the decision to have the hysterectomy. I have had problems with amennorhea for nearly 4 years and just recently have had 2 D&C's and several biopsies. I have been bleeding for 7 months non-stop with clots with a brain of their own.

I do believe there is a correlation of bad health and excessive bleeding and/or cramps. I just so happen to make that startling revelation today while out shopping for my new gown and robe for hospital (my grandma said never go to hospital with old lingerie). Anyway, before the problems I remember a day I could shop till I drop and never think twice about staying near a bathroom. Now...I am so totally drained after just one store and that store better have a restroom, because I will be there to once again "clean up". Even though I am scared, I look forward to the day where I can be free from all of this. My surgery is on August 14. I turn 40 in October, so this will be a new beginning. A road to better health and definitely a road to happiness. I will be in New York City in November and I don't have to worry about the "blood" intefering in my fun!!

Thanks for this great site.
Jessica aka "flexiblekitten"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register