Am I crazy to try TT with SAH and kids? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I crazy to try TT with SAH and kids? Am I crazy to try TT with SAH and kids?

Unread 08-04-2003, 06:50 PM
Am I crazy to try TT with SAH and kids?

Ok, I have a huge canteloupe fibroid on back of uterus pressing on my spine. I look 5 months pregnant.

I am scheduled for a SAH at the end of August, and the scheduler for my doctor asked if I was going to have a tummy tuck at the same time. I said "No" because I have a 3 and 2 year old boys.

However, she said "If you're ever going to do it, do it now". I told that to my DH and he said, "Go for it!" He knows it is expensive, but it would be cheaper than having a separate surgery, and I would probably never do it.

Anyway, it will add an extra three hours to my surgery, and that is kind of scary.

My husband can take a whole month off to help me with the kids, and then my parents can help me after that.

Doctors schedules are being set, and everyone is gearing up for it, and all of the sudden I think I must be NUTS! I am 41 and never will be a fashion model. I carry all my weight in my gut. Maybe just getting the huge fibroid out will be enough, but after 2 c -sections and this big "bad boy fibroid" in me, my stomach is just a massive mess.

Someone please talk some sense into me. Am I crazy for considering it?

Thanks!

P.S. I think I am in denial about having a hysterectomy, and this is just a way I am thinking I can "make up" for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2003, 07:21 PM

Hi there -

No I absolutely do not think you are crazy for considering this. I told my bf last night if they could squeeze in a boob lift, I would do it in a heart beat. Look, this is a big surgery, and you are already going to feel better after. Why not feel better ABOUT your body while you are at it?? If you get all the questions answered to your satisfaction, go for it!

And as far as denial - why not get something good out of this hyster? I wonder if I am in denial too, but at this point, I am taking it all one step at a time. And after a cantelope sized fibroid pressing on your spine, you deserve a flat tummy! You actually deserve far more than that.
Unread 08-04-2003, 07:34 PM
You're not crazy....

If I couldn've had that done I would have. I don't have any particular issues with my belly, but if I needed it done or wanted it done I would definately have had it done during my SAH. No reason not to if you can afford it. Lots of ladies get it done then. What a nice way to shift the focus off the uterus issue and onto the flat tummy! Definately makes the surgery more positive!

As for denial...I'm 3 months post-op and still in denial I guess because I still feel like the whole thing was no big deal! lol. It seems like a lifetime ago that I had this surgery.

Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2003, 10:34 AM

Go for it I say. My husband said the same thing when I told him my options. He said that he would help all he could. He said he was going to do it anyway since I was having the TAH . I have a 10 and 6 year old and a 9 month old and my DH has taken over everything the housework, children and me and I love every moment of it. It turned out cheaper too. I guess if you want more on how I'm doing write anytime. I'm 38.

Good luck on which ever way you go.

Drea

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register