10th day and started to bleed help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10th day and started to bleed help 10th day and started to bleed help

Unread 11-26-2005, 11:48 AM
10th day and started to bleed help

[b]HELP , its my 10th day and untill now have not bled what so ever, the bleeding is bright red and just drips away from me when i stand hence the staying in bed to see if it stops. i had TAH on the 16th nov, has anyone else sufferd this so long after an uncomplicated TAH up untill now i have felt so fantastic infact too good, i think i have done way to much about the house. but now am to scared to get out of bed and it has been a wake up call to me to rest, like i wish i had done from the day i had op, please if there is anyone out there that this has happend too please let me know i am at my wits end with worry for fear of going back into hosp, i have 4 children and they need me at home.i did call dr he told me to go to a&e but i just dont want to be messed about with , i just want to see if it stopsjust sooooo worries. love coleen.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2005, 12:35 PM

Hi Coleen,
I'm sorry you're having this scare. It is possible as stitches begin to dissolve that tissue will let loose with pockets of blood and it will clear up in a short time. Sometimes it is a warning to us to slow down.
Since you haven't had any bleeding it might be wise to give your dr a call just to ask about it. How much are you bleeding? Is it getting any better with rest? If it is that is a pretty good indication that you have just over done it.
This is a good warning for all of those who feel so good they think they can carry on like nothing has been done to them. I hope this will clear up quickly and easily for you. Let us know how you do and what you find out.

's, Rita
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:39 PM

hi thanx for ur reply, i did contact dr he told me to go to a&e but i dont want to end up back in hosp, so im resting in bed to see if it stops, i bleed when i stand up it just drips out, it does seem to be slowing down slightly i might add tho, it is bright red too, i just dont want to go and be messsed with just now, thing i carnt understand tho is, they said they make a kinda sock like pocket at the top of the vagina , so how can i be bleeding and where from ? any ideas. thanx coleen.xxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2005, 12:49 PM

Collen,
I understand that you don't want any poking and proding etc, but if your doctor told you to go to e&e then go! It is alsways best to get these things looked at. Good question about where the blood comes from.
Go to the doctor.
Cassandra
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:49 PM

Coleen,
That is a good question and part of the reason you don't want to let this go too long if the bleeding doesn't slow down. The bleeding comes from the incision sites done internally. It isn't unusual to have some bleeding post op. Everyone is different in this, but for you to have had non and then to begin bleeding a lot like this it could mean that something has come undone. If this doesn't get better soon I hope you will go in and have it checked out.

's, Rita
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:51 PM

i will i promiss and thanx for ur concern i shall wait if its same tomorrow i will go , anyway how are you and what did you have tah and have you bled ?
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:54 PM

ty for ur concern i shall go to a&e 2morow i promiss if it doesnt stop and i shall let you know how i get on. coleenxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:58 PM

Coleen,
I had a TVH on 22nd Nov and I have had some bleeding everyday since the op. My doctor told me this is normal but to call him if it changed, that is got heavy, was bright red, etc. I hope all this clears up really quickly for you and you are telling us all that it was nothing but get it looked at!
Cheers
Cassandra
Unread 11-26-2005, 01:01 PM

cassandra ty for your concern i prommiss if it hasnt cleared by 2moro i shall get it seen, glad to here you are doing well.xxxxxxxxxxxxcoleen
Unread 11-26-2005, 01:32 PM
I understand

Hi Coleen,

I just wanted to tell you I can relate to your family situation. Its fine to say "take 6 weeks (8, 10, 12) from work" but that work at home is crying out to you, literally, or figuratively, from the time you return from the hospital, even when your family is very supportive.

Its good you are in bed, and maybe the bleeding will remind your family to help you slow down, rather than feel relieved that everything is "back to normal" when they see you picking up toys, doing laundry, and cleaning the kitchen!.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register