where to plant the princess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

where to plant the princess where to plant the princess

Unread 10-24-2007, 03:59 PM
where to plant the princess

ok ladies! Here is my dliema... I have 3 possible places to plant myself when I come home from the castle.

1) the livingroom couch BUT will I be able to get off of it also will I be able to rest in the livingroom?

2) big huge chair in livingroom w/ otoman ok here is the issue.. I would have to push the otoman out to be able to get up (I guess it could be turned sideways?

3) My bed... it is hugh and away from everything and everyone so I would be rather isolated and that could be a problem too (or an advantage LOL)

where to go??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2007, 04:07 PM

I do not have TV in my room -- it is rather small --
learned a long time ago -- that the bed room is for sleeping and hubby time -- so no books -- no tv -- that is our rest - relax -- recover rejunvinate place ---- we both sleep better with no outside distractions in there.

I did occassionaly go to bed during the day -- got better rest

SO that left the front room for me --
I split time between the couch and the recliner -- I could have a TV tray with drinks and books beside me -- I could turn on the Tv -- or the stereo

I do not have any little kids -- (we are empty nesters) so I did not have to worry about keeping any one entertained except myself.

Best Wishes.
Unread 10-24-2007, 04:24 PM

I could get up and down fine. I did not take too many steps at first but changing around should not be a big deal. If your bedroom is upstairs, I would stay down and only go up at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2007, 04:30 PM

I've thought about this too - and I've decided on the bedroom because the bathroom is upstairs with the bedrooms (I have an old cape cod home). I just can't see hiking up the stairs every time I have to go pee. It was bad enough with the lap surgery I just had. I'm also going to be having a friend stay with me for the first few days/nights and I want this to be enjoyable for her, so I'd like her to be able to have some 'alone time' downstairs.

Lynni
Unread 10-24-2007, 05:43 PM

For the first week or so, I stayed in the guest room on the first floor. That allowed me to minimize my use of the stairs - I went up once/day to shower. Being on the first floor also kept me close to the living room/TV if I wanted a change of scenery, and the kitchen and bathroom were right there, too. Plus, after several days, I was taking short walks outside, so being downstairs made that more convenient.

Good luck with everything!
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:00 PM

I live on the second floor of a walk up. I have to say I am a bit worried about walking up the flight of stairs when I get home.

I think I will be setup in the bedroom though. My other option is the living room couch, but I think I'll have a bit more room for my stuff on my nightstand closer by. I still have to buy end tables for the living room so space to put things will be limited.
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:33 PM

It's not as bad as you think. I was not planted any where. I do know that I didn't want lay in bed all day, even with a TV. You'll be in and out of bed in the hospital. They want you to walk and if you have everything at your fingertips, you won't get much movement. I had a TAH 7 days ago, and I feel really good. I have alot of energy. I got My staples out today, and every thing is healing well. Take your pain meds so your body can concentrate on healing, instead of fighting the pain.
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:46 PM

We have a 2 story, and a flight of steps up to the 1st floor from the garage. Even when I got home, I took the steps from the bedroom to the 1st floor twice a day for the 1st few days, then 3 times a day. Then I needed to get outside, so maybe 4-5. One step at a time is the most important rule, and slowly. Getting out of bed may not be easy, depending on how difficult your surgery is. And, I noticed in the Hospital room, that they set up the more rigid chair for me rather than the comfy chair in my room. At first, I found that necessary at home, too... a sink in chair was really too hard to get out of.
Unread 10-24-2007, 07:47 PM

Doctors' orders will vary. The most important thing is that you follow YOUR doc's instructions regarding the steps (and other things, of course). Look forward to hearing from you post-op!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register