TAHBSO in 8 days! Scared at times! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAHBSO in 8 days! Scared at times! TAHBSO in 8 days! Scared at times!

Unread 06-11-2002, 07:52 AM
TAHBSO in 8 days! Scared at times!

Hi Ladies,

I am counting down till my surgery next Wed. I was doing pretty good, but the closer it gets to the date, the more nervous and doubting I become. I think this is normal. Not for sure. I am getting really scared at times. I try to keep busy and as long as I do I am ok. But at times I seem to get overwhelmed by all this. I know this is the right thing for me to do. I have had 8 surgeries before this one so I am praying that this is the last one. For some reason the doubts are coming into my head with each passing day. You know the ones. Is this the right thing to do now? Oh the pain ain't so bad you can handle it you have in the past. The spotting and bleeding isn't to bad, why are you doing this? I know that it is the right thing for me to do. Are these thoughts normal ? Please tell me others have felt the way I do. Sorry to go on and on, but this is really hard for me. Plus has anyone ever had the thoughts of not waking up after surgery? My mind is really wanting to play tricks on me.
I am so thankful for all of you here. Thanks so much in advance.

Hugs,
Marci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2002, 08:29 AM
Same thoughts!

I'm having the same doubts and thoughts. Of course I am also worrying about what they will find when they get in there! I don't know why I am doing this to myself. I don't have my pre-op at the hospital and with the DR until 6/17. My list of questions is growing. I have dreams/nightmares at night about the surgery. Of course then I had to go to a baby shower last weekend and that just about put me over the edge. I'm not planning on any more children, but I guess it's just the thought that I won't be able to. So, I know how you feel and I'll be think of you as they wheel me down the hall to surgery. I'll look for posts from you to see how you did!! Good Luck to you!!!
Unread 06-11-2002, 09:49 AM

Hi Marci,
I also am having my surgery on the 19th and can relate to everything you are feeling. My mind just keeps spinning with list's of things that needs to be done before the big day.

I have always had worries about not waking up from any surgery.
Usually one of the last thoughts I have is that they could cut off or remove anything and you wouldn't know a thing.. Until you woke up

The main thing I can't get off my mind is how much I always
after any surgery. I always tell them how sick I get and they always tell me they will take care of it and I always end up
sick!! What's a girl to do

I have so many lists floating around I can't keep up with them.
I am just trying to keep busy (which isn't hard) and hope that next Wed. will get here. I go for my pre-op Thursday and my DH is going with me for an extra set of ears. I sometime have a tendancy to listen but not digest. Hopefully he will remember all I can't.

We'll just hang in there....counting the days until we are at the Castle.

Peachangel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2002, 10:15 AM
almost time

Hey girls, I am right there with you on the 19th. I am also nervous, but I know so many people that have had this surgery, and they all have nothing but positive things to say about it. I mentioned I was having second thoughts, and they're like, just get it over with, you'll be glad you did.
I can just continue to take the depo-provera shot every 3 months, but why do that if I can just get this done and over with?
I don't like the way the depo made me feel. I am actually due for my next one on July 1st, but I won't need it.
I am also nervous about my doctor taking both ovaries. I am afraid of those hormone replacement pills. What changes will they make in my body? Will my voice get deeper, will I grow hair on my chest? lol
We'll all be fine, it's just nerve wracking. My surgery is scheduled for 9:00am on the 19th. What time is yours? That question is to you all.
Haley
Unread 06-11-2002, 10:16 AM
Understanding Sister

Greetings from Tennessee

What you are feeling is sooo normal, or so the wonderful ladies here told me, these feelings are completely normal. I had surgery on 3-12-2002 and the week before I was a complete nut case. I had been living with non stop periods and pain for 6 years and had had 2 other surgeries and I just got tired of feeling bad all the time. I was like you, I have a son who is 8 and was ok with the thought of not having any more children but knowing it is final is a tough pill to swallow. After my surgery, my doc told me that my insides were such a mess and my tubes were blocked and he said that it was very unlikely that I could ever conceive again and if I did, I probably wouldn't be able to carry another baby, then I knew I had made the right choice. I hope this sight brings you much comfort, it has been such a source of strength for me. Everyone here is wonderful. Hope everything goes well for you. Let us know, we are here for you.

Moe
Unread 06-11-2002, 10:38 AM
6/19 here too

I am also scheduled for the 19th. My surgery time is 7:30 AM, must be at hospital by 5:30 AM. I to have had second thoughts and have felt like backing out. However, I know this is something that must be done.

I have lists everywhere as well. I need a list to keep up with all of my lists. (LOL)

I have had dreams about not waking up and about what they may find when they get in there. I have worried myself so bad that I can't eat anything. I think I eat one meal a day. I continue to walk and exercise to help keep my mind occupied.

Hugs to US ALL! I am sure we will be fine, soon we will all be sharing our own experiences. I thoughts and prayers will be with you all and I will be looking forward to hear from you when we are all home!

Lisa
TVH 8 days and counting!
Unread 06-11-2002, 10:52 AM

My surgery isn't until 1:00 p.m. I have to be there at 11:00 a.m. So I have all morning to worry about it. I actually had a dream last night that since I was already going to be under I had them to a tummy tuck, a boob job, fat sucked out of my butt and thighs and the wrinkles removed from around my eyes!!!! LOL I woke up this morning and chuckled to myself. Is that too funny! Well, anyway hang in there girls. We will soon be punctured princesses on the otherside and we can offer advice to those LIW!
Unread 06-11-2002, 12:40 PM
Another 6/19 LIW

I am scheduled for surgery on the 19th too at 7:30 am. I have to be there at 5:30 am. The hospital is also over an hour away. I figure I won't be sleeping much the night before anyway because I have an all day bowel prep and antibiotic regimen that I will be doing. Can't wait for that. NOT!!!

Anyway, I think we are all feeling the same way. Nervous, wondering if there is any other way to deal with the pain, anxious to lead a normal life again (if I even remember what normal is, it has been so long).

I have to say, with the pain I have been in this last week, I can not wait till next Wednesday is here. I have my moments where I can't even think straight because of fear and nerves, but all in all I can't wait to be out of pain.

Hang in there girls, we are going to make it through this together and before we know it be on the other side as beautiful, pain free princesses.

S to everyone!! Donna
Unread 06-11-2002, 02:37 PM

I just wanted to tell each and everyone of you a big thankyou! I knew all this had to be normal. I am so glad I found you all and this site. It has helped me so very much. I will be thinking of you all and praying that all your surgeries go well. Mine was to be at 9:30am. but they moved it now to 11:30am. So I know I will be starving when I wake up, I always get sick and so cold after surgey, no matter what they give me. I just wish next Wed would hurry up and get here.
I am anxious to be able to enjoy things again and things to get back to normal. I really don't think there is such a thing any more!LOL! If there is I forgot what it was!
Any how after reading all your post I feel much much better. Thinking of each of you and wishing you all good luck next week.

Hugs to all of you,
Marci
Unread 06-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Best Wishes

Just want to wish each and everyone of you good luck on your upcoming surgeries. You'll all do great. I had TAH/BSO on May 16th and am recovering rather well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register