TAH 3 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post op 3 weeks post op

Unread 05-31-2013, 11:13 PM
3 weeks post op

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a quick update - I'm 3 weeks and 2 days post op abdominal hysterectomy & I'm feeling pretty good! I haven't been on any pain meds except Tylenol and motrin since day 6 post op( yes day 6 post op). Not by choice but because my dr was a real pain about prescribing anything else besides the 26 5/325 percocets he sent me home with! I had a little scare 9days postop- had alot of pain in one spot by my shoulder blade, was afraid it was a blood clot! Thank god it wasn't, just a torn muscle !! Ever since I've been doing pretty well with pain management. I've been back to my normal routines and have been doing everything normally since day 8 post op. (I know a little soon, however I have 4small children so I didn't have much choice)& I needed to get back to work!! The only complaint I really have is that I've noticed I become irritated way easier and have some crazy mood swings!!! I also feel that my add has gotten worse if that's even possible. I've never had to take any meds for that or anxiety but now I feel as if I might need to- I also get hot flashes and night sweats and I'm always starving?!! Is this something normal, all of these things?? They left one ovary and some Fallopian tube so that I wouldn't go through menopause but I fear that I am- this is also going to get a little personal but.... Down there has been extremely itchy and burning but not while urinating just all the time! I've been using tucks pads( someone suggested) and that helps the itching for a little but not the burning!!what is this? It's very irritating- & it's not a yeast, or uti - I purchased one of those kits and everything was fine! If only I could get these things under control id feel great. Im very blessed that my recovery has gone so well and that I am feeling great sooner than I thought I would! Hopefully this doesn't turn around somehow- I should be fine if I've felt pretty good for 2 weeks now ....If I was going to do damage or did damage for doing things to soon I would know by now right? Lots of questions! Lol- thanks ladies for any responses && I could only hope you have a speedy recovery like me minus the other odd stuff going on for me recently!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Re: 3 weeks post op

Hi there, good to hear you've been feeling so great and managing to get around. Although they left you with one ovary, that may take a while to get upto full speed, they can go into a post-op sulk for a while. Without your usual dose of hormones, you will feel like you're on a crazy emotional rollercoaster plus i had hot flushes etc etc for a bit. Around week 6 i noticed a difference and things started to settle. Hopefully they will for you too. Stay well and happy healing........
Unread 06-01-2013, 03:53 AM
Re: 3 weeks post op

Hi Ashkicielinski, I'm glad that you've been feeling good thus far. As your hormones level themselves out, the hot flashes and mood swings should get better.

Call your doctor about the itching and burning, it could be an infection. You want to make sure that there's nothing going on with your vaginal cuff. I've never done the home test for an uti or yeast infection, but if they require sticking anything in your vagina, don't do that.

I know that you gotta do what you gotta do, but be careful and take it easy when you can

Keep us posted

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register