Good Morning Sisters! I'm going to go do it today :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good Morning Sisters!  I'm going to go do it today :) Good Morning Sisters! I'm going to go do it today :)

Unread 10-26-2006, 07:17 AM
Good Morning Sisters! I'm going to go do it today :)

Hi Sisters!

After reading blessdone's post about walking being the key, I believe she has the right idea. I am going to get off here after I write this and go out and walk. I can't walk down the road..I live in the country and this secondary road gets so many coal trucks through..that scares me cause they are sometimes crazy with their driving..so I am going to use my driveway. It's fairly long with a slow downward grade. I will walk up and down that a few times or as I can do. I have walked around the house and in the store, but not as I did presurgery with exercise. It's time to start back into it.

I have blessdone to thank for posting that. I talked with hubby last night on the phone and he also said she has the right idea. I feel I have been babying myself too much. At discharge, my docs said I could walk as I can tolerate.

So, this sisters is getting her butt OFF the couch today and getting out and doing some exercise walking. I promise I will not get crazy. I'll post more later how it went.

Wish me luck...I think I'll need it lol.

I pray you're doing great today. I pray everyone is having a good emotional and physical day. If you're sad and down and out, please try to smile...laugh too..it will make you feel better...but mostly keep faith in God for that is where your true strength lies..gosh I'm so thankful I can talk about God on this site freely..thanks hystersisters for allowing God to touch this site.

Talk to you all later..time to walk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2006, 07:37 AM

Enjoy but please be careful. That grade in your driveway may catch you by surprise!
hugs
K
Unread 10-26-2006, 07:57 AM

Don´t blame you to start walking, this will be the way to recovery. I was told the day after op that I had to walk for at least 5 minutes. After 1 week I was walking for 20 minutes a day. Now I am 6 week post op and walking isn´t a problem, to be honest i didn´t had any problems with my full hyster.
Wish you all the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2006, 08:04 AM

I think its great that you wanna get out there, just start out slow!
I just started really walking walking 2 night ago, about a 45 min walk and still a tad sore.
I just dont want you to be sore!!!
Take care!
Unread 10-26-2006, 08:10 AM

Way to go SisterAngle!!! Keep up the great spirits
Unread 10-26-2006, 08:14 AM

Sorry to hear that you still a tad sore. Just keep up the walking and don´t overdo it. I know it is easier said that done. big
Unread 10-26-2006, 08:20 AM

Hi Again Sisters!

I am happy to report the walking went much better than expected. I kept going until I started to feel a slight pulling pain and then came in. I have rested a bit and feel really great actually. I am having a good day today It felt good to walk for exercise. I have walked in the house, outside feeding the animals and in the store, but it really is not the same type of walking that you do for exercise....those who exercise know what I mean. I had gotten myself into a very good routine and then darn this hyster stopped me in my tracks..but I am starting to move again today.

I really have to thank (((blessdone)))) for writing that post, and to all those who replied that walking helped them in their recovery. I pondered those thoughts all day yesterday, and I knew everyone was right that the way to recover really is getting up and moving....but you rest afterwards. I knew this, but just had to do it in my own time, and blessdone and others helped me see NOW was my time to do it.

I feel so good I did this. I am even in better mental state, which exercise does help that..and FYI it will also help menopause symptoms.

Thank you all so much for being there. You always inspire me to do better I wish for you a day of peace and happiness.
Unread 10-26-2006, 08:53 AM

I'm soooo proud of you!!! It takes a LOT of courage to take some of the healing into your own hands and I know you're on the right track! I can't stress enough how important it is to move as much as you are able....I promise it does get a little easier each time out. Take it one day at a time and you'll be back to yourself in no time. Good luck and God bless you in all you do!!
Unread 10-26-2006, 08:59 AM

Good for you SisterAngel!!!!!!!!! I know walking helped me after I finally got well and got rid of the abcess, and in July when I started riding my bike I felt so much better. Now can't get out as much as I want, but still doing it. I think walking promotes healing as it gets the blood flowing to organs and muscles. I am sending you extra calorie free cyber chocolate, dark,extra dark and creamy milk chocolate!!!!!
Unread 10-26-2006, 09:01 AM

Hi Sisterpn,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I am so suprised how well I feel after making myself go out and just plain walk for some exercise. I am going to go out again later for another walk to build up endurance.

Thanks and good luck to you too in your recovery. Yes, you're correct...one day at a time gets us to healing I'l remember that!

God bless you too

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register