4 months Post hysterectomy - Showering, Shaving, Manicure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 months Post hysterectomy - Showering, Shaving, Manicure 4 months Post hysterectomy - Showering, Shaving, Manicure

Unread 06-13-2014, 09:15 AM
4 months Post hysterectomy - Showering, Shaving, Manicure

Just wondering if any of you 4 month post opers, if showering, shaving, washing hair, styling hair, giving yourself manicure still wears you out ? I never pre-op thought of it as that big of a deal, but post op, I still have to take breaks. Its so much better than 2 weeks post op or even 6 wks post op. But Im still amazed at how much that can tire me out. I try not to get the water too hot, either.

Anyone feel the same way ? And after a day in town, the next day I have to take it easy or my middle is still feeling it after errands, shopping, appts, etc.

Still having to pace myself, not complaining cause i want a good recovery. Just expected more by this point I guess.

Just have to pace myself, have a Dr's appt next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Re: 4 months Post hysterectomy - Showering, Shaving, Manicure

I am still like that. I am 5 months. By noon at work, I feel like I need a power nap in order to keep going.
Unread 06-13-2014, 11:34 AM

Ok I don't feel so bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2014, 07:25 PM

I also still feel like this at 4 mo post op. Good to know I'm not alone in this!
Unread 06-15-2014, 06:43 PM

When you ladies say these things wear you out, do they make you feel tired? Or do they make you feel sore? Every time I shower and shave my pelvic area just aches, sometimes for hours? I almost feel like all the bending causes tissues still healing internally to swell? I have no idea if that's what's actually happening, that's just what I keep telling myself! I sometimes feel the same way after a bowel movement? Do any of you experience similar sensations? I've been really down lately beginning to worry that these are not normal healing aches and pains and scared they're not going to improve with time?
Unread 06-15-2014, 07:19 PM

Make me feel tired. I wash hair then go lay down, for a bit before styling , manicures, etc.
Unread 06-15-2014, 07:24 PM

I get tired and want to sleep. I get sore too.However I had a vertical incision, so it feels like it's pulling apart but it isn't. Then it tingles, itches etc. I am wondering if the tiredness is a symptom of menopause..
Unread 06-15-2014, 07:45 PM

I'm just over 3 months and I invested in a ladies electric shaver so I don't have to bend in the shower. It's a Godsend as I can sit and prop my leg up and run the shaver over my legs, might not give as close shave as a razor but far easier on my body. I still have troubles getting shoes on, my stomach was a bit sore last night and had troubles getting my pants on. On the whole I am progressing forward but its slow. To help me with bowel motions I've been doing a technique since after surgery, You can view this technique on youtube its by Michelle Kenway How to empty your bowels without straining, oh she uses a chair to demonstrate the technique. This technique has helped. I still get very tired and I still get days when I'm sore. I'm still very careful, I wasn't even going to attempt bending down in the shower to shave my legs so treated myself the electric shaver, so glad I did or my legs would be looking like monkey legs by now. I get my shopping delivered and my husband helps me to pack the groceries away, I'm slowly doing more but husband has been good. He's retired so can go and top up the shopping if needs be. I'm going to get the brake pedal lowered in our car so I can drive as I would have to hold my leg up instead of being able to rest my foot on the floor, so I haven't driven yet, we drive on the left side of the road here in New Zealand. My right hip got very sore after having two surgeries, one was to remove a polyp and take tissue sample the other was for everything taken out due to uterine cancer, stage 1 grade 1 so I'm just having to be monitored now. I had to have two teeth extracted almost 4 weeks ago and found that totally exhausted me, I had to get my dentures adjusted and so forth but it seemed to set me back a bit. Down to just 3 teeth left now. So I'm just starting to come back up from the teeth extractions and left over pain from that. But at least the teeth saw me through the surgery, but the surgery and stress of it affected my few remaining teeth. Anyway onwards and upwards, step by step, day by day. Hope we all feel much better soon with heaps more energy.
Unread 06-15-2014, 07:49 PM

I'm 12 weeks post op tomorrow and still tire easily. We just got back from a 4 day trip to the beach, and I discovered even with all the walking I've done since surgery, a couple of short walks on the beach made my belly swell really bad and I was exhausted! After a short swim in the pool followed by a shower and hair washing, I had to lay down and nap. Like others have said, I get tired easily after simple tasks. I also still have aches and pulling pains around my incision sites. I also had peri area pain after sitting on a high stool at a restaurant. It's still very frustrating that such simple things wipe me out, but I'm trying to remember I had major surgery and it will just take more time. 😇Lissa
Unread 06-15-2014, 08:23 PM

Yeah me too. This I can live with, adeno I could not live with I find myself leaving the super mom cape off and just relaxing more, letting others rush around doing stuff and just save my energy for when I have to use it. Like if I go town for errands and shopping one day, the next day I try to lie down a couple of times. But it's getting better. I used to tire out by 2, last night I went to a wedding and stayed till 10;25, woohoo, right ? Lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register