Is Anyone Else Afraid Of Going.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is Anyone Else Afraid Of Going.... Is Anyone Else Afraid Of Going....

Unread 01-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Is Anyone Else Afraid Of Going....

BALD! Yikes, I am afraid of the homones and they may not even work. I am so upset, I don't even want to go out!
My fiancee has enrolled us in a financial program at our church and he wants me to go with him tonight and I don't know what to do with my (already fine) thinning hair!
If I pull it back it looks bad, if i let it hang in my face it makes me look like I want to be young and I'm not , I'm almost 48 yrs old!
I am afraid to cut it because I had my hair cut along time ago, and fine, short hair on a very round woman looks just awful.
I feel just awful for complaining, I mean there are worse things than going bald, but right now I can't think of one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Re: Is Anyone Else Afraid Of Going....

I have had fine, thin, (now thinning even more in the past few years) hair for a lllooonnnggg time now so I hear ya, sista! I don't think that a haircut will make you look bad... you just need the right haircut for your features.

I can highly recommend that you go online and find a Redken affiliated salon. I have no affiliation with Redken other than I go to one of their hair salons and have never been happier! If you go, the techs there are highly trained on the newest techniques, up on the latest styles and they are WAY less expensive than if you went to a salon at the mall.

My hair looked like a mess for quite a few years even though I was getting it done every 6 weeks. Once I found the Redken salon, my hair looks better, feels better, is easier to style and I get a lot of compliments on it. Nowadays people say "no way you are 45 you look like late 30's at most) and this is due in large part to a good haircut! Good luck!

(and if I broke any rules by naming a brand name please forgive me, I won't do it again)
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:25 PM

Thank you very much, I will give them a try if they are not that expensive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoring bear View Post
BALD! Yikes, I am afraid of the homones and they may not even work. I am so upset, I don't even want to go out!
My fiancee has enrolled us in a financial program at our church and he wants me to go with him tonight and I don't know what to do with my (already fine) thinning hair!
If I pull it back it looks bad, if i let it hang in my face it makes me look like I want to be young and I'm not , I'm almost 48 yrs old!
I am afraid to cut it because I had my hair cut along time ago, and fine, short hair on a very round woman looks just awful.
I feel just awful for complaining, I mean there are worse things than going bald, but right now I can't think of one!
When you find a good beautician, ask about getting a perm. I have very fine hair also. I just went back to getting a perm, hair cut shorter and I am much happier. I like to feel that I have hair and not just hanging straight. I don't care what the current styles are. The way my beautician does my hair, I just use the product/s that she recommends, use a hair pick, let it dry. Pick again and I am fine. I don't like to mess much.

A good beautician should be able to recommend some products that could help you out also. Check with your doctor also about this.

Good Luck

Unread 01-22-2010, 05:02 PM

I am your age, and for 6 months after hyster my hair didn't look it's best. Now it is fine. I use estradiol patch .5.
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:14 PM

where do u get it?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register