Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 26-Jan 01,2017 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 26-Jan 01,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 26-Jan 01,2017

Unread 01-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 26-Jan 01,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvelez View Post
Hello everyone....
I am at my three week point, and I feel...crazy....so many up and down emotionally...I never knew I was capable of so many emotions or that I could bust out in tears instantaneous.....I feel better one minute then back to feeling like a bus ran me over.....my sleep pattern is ridiculous....and I cannot find any comfortable positions to sit in or lay in.....
Anyone going through this too?....

Liz
Hi Liz,

I am not an emotional person at all, prior to the radical hyst. Now, we can be driving down the road and I'll just start crying for no reason at all. Even reading your post brought tears to my eyes. To me, this is words than pain.

Brandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyleec View Post
Yeah, I'm starving all the time too! You're not alone. Our stomaches growl together! I think this is common because our bodies are using extra energy for healing. And it's good to eat healthy and high in protein. I wasn't hungry in the first week, probably because my appetite hadn't woken up yet, but I've been ravenous since starting week two and it's kept up all through week three. It could be attributed to hormones, I suppose, but I'm gonna stick with the idea that our bodies just need nourishment. I was on a liquid diet for a few days before my surgery, then did the bowel prep (oh joy) and then I did liquids after for a few days. So it makes sense that I'd be ready to chow down. Don't stress about it. Just give your body what it needs.
I'm the opposite. I am still experiencing constipation at 3 weeks out so the dance with stool softeners, laxatives, and fiber is delicate. I am not that hungry. I have lost a lot of weight. I'm happy about that though. I can't wait to be able to work out.
Unread 01-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 26-Jan 01,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelz View Post
I'm the opposite. I am still experiencing constipation at 3 weeks out so the dance with stool softeners, laxatives, and fiber is delicate. I am not that hungry. I have lost a lot of weight. I'm happy about that though. I can't wait to be able to work out.
Congrats on your weight loss (since you said it's making you happy!), although I know it's not under the best of circumstances. I had that dance with the whole constipation bit, as well, at first. And when I felt that way, I was definitely not eager to put food in! I'm sure it will improve as the weeks go on. I also can't wait to get back to my normal exercise routine. I've been walking a lot. Are you able to do that in the meantime? I miss the running endorphins for sure, and I look forward to restrengthening my core, though I couldn't imagine doing core exercises any time soon! Maybe in a month... One day at a time.
Unread 01-20-2017, 12:40 PM

Sisters!
How's Friday treating you. I see many of you are experiencing the Transition Week Woes - between week 3 and 4 is commonly one of the worst because you do feel better but not as good as you like, or feel consistently good. You have good days and bad. You are having emotional highs and lows. You may still be suffering from hot/cold flashes and insomnia. And if you are spotting, that's a drag too (but very common for a few weeks).This time was the absolute worst in my recovery and after observing many forums over the last year, it is a universal truth. You are just about to turn the corner in your recovery which is why it is so frustrating when you feel like poop. This is a pivotal time in recovery and I am hopeful that in Week 4 you will feel much better. Keep in mind too that you can post questions to a wider audience in the recovery forum and tap into the extensive experience of other sisters. You are not alone!

&
Unread 01-20-2017, 04:45 PM

It will be 4 weeks Wednesday since my TAH. I was feeling pretty good finally started to sleep again last week and stopped wearing the compression on my swelly belly. Now my belly has decided to "wake up" and jab and stab at me randomly and I can't sleep again. I still have a significant numb patch from the belly button to the scar but now I get pins and needles. Plus I am so bored. So. Very. Bored.
Unread 01-20-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliekansas View Post
Feeling the same. It will be 4 weeks Tuesday. Wake up and I am still cramping and spotting. Feel some what better after a couple ibuprofens. But it still hurts to sit upright so I am reclined in bed a lot. Next Dr. Appt . is Tuesday so we will see what happens with that. Still have pains inside where I think my ovaries were, but a lot on the right side and in the middle like up in my vagina. Taking it easy.
It still hurts me to sit up too and I,go back,to work Monday.,not sure how I will do it. I also noticed that a part of my groin is numb.,I can't feel it when I touch it. Too bad I am,not numb in the middle of my,gut. I find laying down a lot is the most comfortable.
Unread 01-21-2017, 12:10 PM

I am 3.5 weeks post op. The worst thing for me right now is lower back pain.

Some nights I sleep great, some I am restless. I have good and bad days.
Unread 01-21-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyleec View Post
Congrats on your weight loss (since you said it's making you happy!), although I know it's not under the best of circumstances. I had that dance with the whole constipation bit, as well, at first. And when I felt that way, I was definitely not eager to put food in! I'm sure it will improve as the weeks go on. I also can't wait to get back to my normal exercise routine. I've been walking a lot. Are you able to do that in the meantime? I miss the running endorphins for sure, and I look forward to restrengthening my core, though I couldn't imagine doing core exercises any time soon! Maybe in a month... One day at a time.
I have RA and Fibrom9 so it's hard but right now I'm at an event and I'm doing some walking with my cane.
Unread 01-21-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammich View Post
I am 3.5 weeks post op. The worst thing for me right now is lower back pain.

Some nights I sleep great, some I am restless. I have good and bad days.
Me too!! The back pain is killing me. And the hot flashes are just starting this week pretty bad. Yuck!!!!
Unread 01-21-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyGator View Post
Me too!! The back pain is killing me. And the hot flashes are just starting this week pretty bad. Yuck!!!!
I'm also 3.5 weeks - and because I feel good, I'm trying to do much more. Yesterday met a friend for coffee, then another for lunch, then a movie last night. OMG. Too much sitting. I had to get up during movie to walk around outside. My abdomen was feeling the pain!! Very uncomfortable !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register