SCARED THE BAJEEZUS out of me! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

SCARED THE BAJEEZUS out of me! SCARED THE BAJEEZUS out of me!

Unread 03-28-2006, 10:16 AM
SCARED THE BAJEEZUS out of me!

The call has been made, they should be calling me back to let me know what they want me to do. It feels fine now.. but this a.m it was horrible... What can they do for this or what will they do for this? Are there tests they can run to rule out DVT (which I dont know what that is) or rule out clots? or anything else major?

Yikes, this is new territory for me. I've felt great for days... and now this?! UGH
Twizz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2006, 10:22 AM

I had an ultrasound on my leg which ruled out the deep vein thrombosis(blood clot). They did it after being seen in the ER.
Unread 03-28-2006, 10:27 AM

Beaches,

When you had this episode... did it only happen once? Did you feel better after getting the feeling back? I mean, I feel better now, like nothing happened?! I just don't need any more Dr bills..
Can you tell me your story?
Twizz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2006, 10:30 AM

I had something similiar happen a few years ago. I was awake and on the computer. I stood up to do something and fell really hard, twisting my ankle. I did not have any feeling in one leg, it wasn't numb, tingling or anything. I just didn't feel it. I spoke to my doctor about it and was told that I had probably sat in such a way that I had put pressure on a major nerve and it was "asleep" but not in the traditional sense.

I know how freaked you were, I was completely unglued by my experiance. I do think that you should call because you are post-op and there can be other things going on. I know the dr. had a name for what happened to me, I just don't remember it anymore.

Betts
Unread 03-28-2006, 10:32 AM

The problem with assuming that it will only happen once, or that if you go to the ER you will have no clot, is that if you do have a clot, it can kill you. If you don't have one, all well and good. If you do, it needs treatment immediately. While I respect the need to avoid doctor bills, think how much more it will cost if you have a stroke. I know that sounds harsh, and I don't mean for it to, but you need to take this seriously.

Nightauel
Unread 03-28-2006, 10:41 AM

Twizz;
I've had superficial clots before in the same leg so I assumed that the pain was from the same thing. But since I'd just had surgery I knew I had to rule it out.
This happened on Saturday- and I'm feeling better already.

I wore the granny stockings during surgery and used the compression boots in the castle.

I'd check it out. That's what they're there for....
Unread 03-28-2006, 10:44 AM

Twizz,
I agree. I am glad that you called the doctor and let them know. If you don't hear back from them by midafternoon, I would call again. The squeaky-wheel route works well I have found in the past. Good luck!!
angie
Unread 03-28-2006, 10:51 AM

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm still waiting for the call back from the office. The phones are both beside me. The thing with my episode is this.. I was awake at 7:10, and I remember moving around.. and then this was 8:30 when I went to get up, and felt nothing... I was hitting myself and felt nothing... so if I hadn't moved from say 7:10 (when I last remember repositioing myself) until 8:30, that was only 1 hr and 20 minutes.. Not long enuff (I would assume) to cause my episode.

I could see it if I were in the same position for 4 hrs or so... but come on. I sit longer at the computer in the same position, and this has never happened to me. I had comfy socks on, light cotton (not tight) jammie bottoms on and a very light blaket... nothing constricting.

I sure hope Im okay!

Will they go ahead and check both legs even though it just happened in my right one?

Sorry for all the questions.. I'm just full of it today aren't i?

Twizz
Unread 03-28-2006, 11:04 AM

Twizz-
Not sure if they'll check both or one. Mine was my right leg too. I'm glad you called. Keep us updated. Take care.
Unread 03-28-2006, 12:36 PM

Update,

Got a call, gave them the story, nurse asked abour reddness, pain, and tender areas... and well, since I do not have any of that... there seems to be no reason for concern. This is what the nurse said. She also said that my Dr. is not in today, but will give this msg to his personal nurse, and see what she says... they will call back if anything is needed.

I think they pass this off as nothing... I am just taking it easy the rest of today.. the FIRST sign of anything, I'm just going to go to the ER... I'd rather be safe than dead.

Twizz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register