1/30/13- today marks 6wks! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1/30/13- today marks 6wks! 1/30/13- today marks 6wks!

Unread 03-13-2013, 06:19 PM
1/30/13- today marks 6wks!

Today is my 6wks hyster-versary. There have been plenty of both good & bad days. Most of all I have found a new respect for myself and others that have also gone on this journey with me.
My healing was and still is slow and a work in progress. After being released from the hospital I was readmitted 1 week later with an infection. That took the wind out of my sails as I thought I was doing well. The pain from the infection was far worse that the actual surgery! Before being released I was placed on HRT and was on my way to recovery. After changing the patch to a new one (generic vs named brand) I developed a severe allergic reaction to the adhesive on that patch. Another visit to the doctor for meds for rash, swelling & itching over my entire body, and a change in patch.
Then 5 weeks post-op, I was completely caught off guard when I was told I had yet another infection. I am on my 3rd round of antibiotics.
Although this has been a mentally discouraging, I have been feeling stronger. Hotflashes have subsided but the insomnia is a whole new story.
Due to the fact I have these issues, my doctor has offered me 3 more weeks to heal and I couldn't be happier! Sitting in a chair is still challenging and somewhat uncomfortable.
I am thankful for my family & friends that have gone through this with me. Looking forward to getting back to normal soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Re: 1/30/13- today marks 6wks!

You have had quite a few challenges! Hoping you will continue to feel better.

Enjoy your next 3 weeks off of work!
Unread 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Re: 1/30/13- today marks 6wks!

Thanks for sharing your journey. You have a great attitude about all the setbacks. I too have trouble sitting upright for long. Glad you have 3pre weeks to recover before work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register