Over 13 weeks out, anyone else getting these pains? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Over 13 weeks out, anyone else getting these pains? Over 13 weeks out, anyone else getting these pains?

Unread 10-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Over 13 weeks out, anyone else getting these pains?

Hi,

I have been healing pretty well and quickly, went back to work full-time at 5 weeks, and have been going full swing since.

I pretty much feel back to normal except for these nagging pains that I have. I get the sharp pain in my LRQ, where my ovarie use to be (kept one ovarie), I used to get these pains before the surgery and was sure it was endo on my overy (now Dr. took that ovary out and I'm still getting it). I'm tying to pay attention to it and see if it's cyclic but not sure right now. Then I get pain on the same side in my back, right now I'm having the back pain, a few days ago it was the front LRQ pain. This morning I was having pain/pressure in my pelvis area (not even sure how to explain it, it was right in the center, straight down from my belly button and right above my pubic bone, I don't know if that is where I would be feeling where I was stitched up?). It felt heavy and was really hurting sitting in my car on the way to work. Sex was ok at first, a little uncomfortable, but after a few times felt pretty good. Then the past few weeks I've started having pain with it again, but no bleeding.

I don't know if these are "normal" pains being almost three months out, I don't want to be a cry baby and call my doctor if this is normal. The pain is not so bad that I'm in agony, it's just very anoying, and I was hoping that after the surgery I wouldn't be dealing with the pain I was dealing with before.

I guess I'm just fed up with these little pains and don't know what to do. It could be that I've just been doing too much (working full time, two boys in soccer, and taking three classes in college) and my body is trying to tell me, but I just haven't (or can't) listened.

Is anyone else going through this, or have been through this? Does it get better?

Thanks,
Debra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2005, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmiller360
This morning I was having pain/pressure in my pelvis area (not even sure how to explain it, it was right in the center, straight down from my belly button and right above my pubic bone, I don't know if that is where I would be feeling where I was stitched up?). It felt heavy and was really hurting sitting in my car on the way to work.
Debra
are you having any problems with your bladder because thats where it is.
Unread 10-26-2005, 01:17 PM

Hmm, well, it's funny, because before I was diagnosed with endo and adeno I was diagnosed with a spastic bladder. I would always think I was coming down with a UTI (which I would get regularly), but the test would say I wasn't. That seemed to get better over the past few months, maybe it's coming back. Although this doesn't feel like that. It would feel like a UTI, this is just pressure and a little pain, but not when I pee. I was hoping that my problems were all related to my adeno and once my uterus was out it would go away for good.

I'll have to see where it goes from here, if it gets worse, maybe my bladder is being irritated by something. Ugh, I'm just tired of my body, wish I could trade it in for someone elses, I'm only 35, feel like I'm 80 sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2005, 01:35 PM

I am two months out from a TVH. I also thought I was getting better but the last two days I feel that pressure, pain and almost feels like I am back at week one. I think my bladder is fine. Could it be adhesions forming?? Or, is it just too soon to expect to be fully recovered? My family, work, are all ready for me to be better and it is frustrating to feel this way again. The sex has been pain free but I still feel pretty nervous and I am hoping that everything is ok and I am all healed. Anybody else out there have pain on and off for while and does it ever go away? I don't want to call my doctor because he told me prior to my surgery that I would be fine after a week and just need a big nap after lunch. I didn't find that to be true and feel like he is not very sympathetic. Should I be worried?
Unread 10-26-2005, 01:41 PM

Floridalady,

I can understand your apprehension about your doctor, if my doctor had told me that I probably would be apprehensive too. Two months is definitely too early to be fully recovered, I'm three months and know I'm not fully recovered, although I didn't think I would still be in any pain, thought I would just be more tired then usual.

I would call your doctor, if you don't think your doctor will listen then maybe find a new doctor, just to ease your mind. You definitely should not feel like you are back to where you were one week out. I feel a ton better then I did one week out, I would not hesitate to call if I felt that bad (guess that's why I'm hesitant to call, I don't feel that bad, just nagging pain that I can deal with).

Take care,
Debra
Unread 10-26-2005, 02:36 PM

Thanks for caring! I think I have just been doing too much and now that I think about it I am so much better than I was then. I hope I didn't worry you. My insides just feel painful and sore again. I had to rest and lay down several times today and yesterday. I want to be me again. I am going to take better care of myself and if things don't improve I will call my doc. I have had him since my first child (18 years old) so, its hard to think about someone new. HOPEFULLY I won't need him any more. This site is a godsend to me. Thanks for reminding me how much better I am.
Unread 10-27-2005, 07:05 AM
I so know the feeling

Dora and anyone still having pain at 13 weeks, see your doctor. I had my partial hyst. on 8/2 and the following day on 8/3 had surgery to repair my bowel the doctor hit. I just came home from the emergency room from pain again.....Adhesions have formed....great . While not as painful as my endometriosis, still painful none the less, apparently adhesions have formed on my bowel and ovaries....which I've been reading on, happens in 70% of adominal surgies such as ours. Please ladies go see your doctor, don't suffer in silence.
Unread 10-27-2005, 07:18 AM

I feel very blessed, I have an surgery 7 weeks ago today and I feel great no pains what so ever. We have already taken a trip to chicago from florida and the other night went to Epcot at Disney to see the Beach Boys and even with all the walking I felt fine. I am now missing Aunt Flo for the second month, i thought I might miss her but may she rest in peace. Everyone recovers at their own pace. My uterus was so large and the fibroids so big that I was in pain 24/7 for a couple of years before the surgery itssoooo nice to have the pains gone!
Unread 10-27-2005, 08:27 AM

funloving, what kind of pain did the adhesions cause? I've thought about adhesions, but not sure, the pain comes and goes, it gets worse if I have to have a BM or my blatter is full. I didn't think there was much they could do for you if you do end up with adhesions (other then more surgery, which would probably cause even more adhesions).

Thanks for responding.
Debra
Unread 10-27-2005, 10:43 AM

Hi Debra,
You totally described what I am feeling. When I was recovering from my tah i had really bad lower right back pains. They said it was due to the body being in a set position so long during surgery. I then started to feel better. Now this past week little by little i have started experiencing lower right back pains and front right pelvic pain. Dr said (at 6 wk ckup) it is due to 2 areas where he had to stitch more than usual and thus would be healing longer. It's become steadily worsening and I am beginnng to wonder if my remaining ovary is shot or the endometriosis or adenomyosis, scar tissue, adhesions, cysts came back? How do we tell? I hate to call the dr if it's just normal healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register