Sadness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Sadness

I feel so sad and I can't bring myself to be happy, It's been a week now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Re: Sadness

Please talk to your doctor. Your hormones are probably out of whack as the blood supply to your ovaries is often disrupted during surgery. Your doctor can give you temporary HRT to help you through.
Unread 10-04-2011, 04:54 PM

I agree. Talk to your doctor about your hormone levels. But I do think you will start to feel better. The first week or so can be rough emotionally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 07:44 PM

to you. I'm sorry that you are sad. Is this something hormone related or are you sad because you had surgery?
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:17 PM

I'm sorry! Do you have any friends who have been through this that you can talk to? Maybe go have lunch and just get out of the house. It's hard to be stuck in the house and think about the pain and long recovery road. I hope you start feeling better. Go buy yourself a treat or something new!
Unread 10-05-2011, 06:36 AM

I too felt sad at first. Our bodies have been through a lot! Those first couple of weeks can be rough with crazy hormones or lack of and just the shock to our organs after surgery. I do have to say though I'm at 4 weeks now and feeling so much better emotionally and physically. It just takes time! Just think of all the reasons why you had to have your hysterectomy in the first place...all those problems are now gone! I just keep thinking no more diaper sized pads or worrying that I bleed all over myself not to mention the pain! Of course if the sadness continues don't hesitate to call your Dr. Best wishes and I hope you feel better real soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register