I want to cancel - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want to cancel I want to cancel

Unread 02-01-2006, 06:49 PM
I want to cancel

I pray that you find the peace you need to make the decision that is right for you. This is a great place to get support while you explore your feelings.

I have a lawyer friend who says to make the best decision you can with the best information that you have, and don't look back. I'm not looking back, just forward.

My surgery is Monday and I'd rather do anything but this, but I feel it's the best resolution to my problem.

God's peace to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2006, 09:16 PM
I want to cancel

I originally scheduled my surgery in September. I was sure I wanted to have the procedure, but the timing wasn't right for me. I called my doctor and consulted and she said I could cancel even the day of the surgery. I did cancel due to a long planned trip in December. Within a week of coming home I called my doc and scheduled again. The second time I had no hesitation and feeling so clear about my decision has helped me when I start feeling afraid and worried about the discomfort in the short term.

Trust yourself and your instincts. You'll know when the time is right...and that might be now or not.
Unread 02-01-2006, 10:34 PM
I want to cancel

I am self-employed, and I was certainly worried about being out of commission from my surgery. My doctor told me that a surgery such as this is one of the few legitimate reasons a person will have to just let go of things for a while, take the time to heal, and just relax. We all lead such busy lives, we have so many demands on us, and it's hard to ignore those things even for a short time. I feel SO much better since my surgery, I have so much more energy, I am getting my life back, and it was worth the relatively short time that I spent recuperating (and I had a TAH, the full treatment!). If you don't feel ready for this, don't worry about cancelling, you must do what seems best to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2006, 01:16 AM
cancel...

Hello,
I'm going for my pre op tomorrow - surgery scheduled for the 13th. I'm already losing sleep over the surgery. Like someone earlier said, I'm feeling better and thinking maybe its all in my head (I can be a bit of a drama Queen). I keep weighing the different options wondering if I'm rushing into surgery too quickly. I know I'll feel better about it after speaking with my Dr tomorrow.
Do what your gut tells you to do. Good luck
Unread 02-02-2006, 05:31 AM
I want to cancel

If I had any doubts about surgery, they are gone now. I met with the surgeon yesterday and after explaining all the risks she told me straight out that I don't have any other options, I've tried them all. She explained all my reports, and is very concerned that the endo is damaging my bladder and intestines. The adeno will only get worse, and the cysts and submucosal fibroids will get bigger.
I'm late with this months period and feeling pretty good for a change, but I know that once I start it will be 3 weeks before I feel this way again and I've had enough.
This decision is yours and you have to live with it. If your not ready, talk to your doc about things they can do for endo. There isn't a lot except to completely change your life style, what you eat, more exercise etc. From what I've read and discussed with my doctor it can sometimes work, but can take up to 4 months to see any difference.
I wish you the best in whatever you decide.
Donna
Unread 02-02-2006, 06:26 AM
understand your feelings

I feel the same as you. I'm not in total pain just dull ache. I constantly wonder if this is the right decision,but it seems most people are so glad they did it. I feel I have a lot of syptoms related to uterus...fatigue, low sex drive, back aches,painful periods. I only started having the constant dull pain in Dec. went to Gyn. and he found endo. cysts,polyps and atno. Laproscopy confirmed all of this 2 weeks ago. And hyst. is in 18 days...so it has all happened so fast. So many sisters have been in horrible pain for years so somehow I feel like I have not suffered long enough to justify a full tah!
Unread 02-02-2006, 08:44 AM
I want to cancel

Do what is best for you. You can always reschedule. When I call my doctor to set up my surgery I have something previously scheduled I will ask if they can do it so I can drive at the point or schedule the surgery after.

It is best to do what is best of you. If you don't feel ready, don't feel rushed into it.

Sharon
Unread 02-02-2006, 08:45 AM
I want to cancel

I have felt like that for a long time, even before it was on the calender. Now every day that gets closer, I feel like maybe life isn't so bad, I can wait, but then I remember that life is painful and I fought really hard to get this far with a new doc and everything, so stay strong and remember that life will be so much better afterwards. One day at a time, that's what I have to do.
Unread 02-02-2006, 09:46 AM
I want to cancel

I was the same way before my surgery. But mine came on so quick that I really didn't have time to think about it. I went in for an ultrasound so I could get a endometrial oblation done and they found I had a cyst on both ovaries. One was 6cm the other 4cm. They thought because of my endometriosis that they were chocolate cysts or endometriomas BUT my dr. couldn't say for sure. He said they are never ever 100% sure about cancer until they get in there. Well, that scared the ---- out of me and after discussing all of my options I decided to have the surgery done. This was on a Monday and my surgery was scheduled for the following Monday. So I only had 6 days to think about it. I doubted myself all week but went thru with it. I was sick of the pain and bleeding that I have dealt with all these years and I always said that I wished they would take the thing out of me since I didn't want anymore children. My dh said on the way home from our appointment after deciding I was going thru with it that finally my wish had come true. I was ready to kill him, but he was right. I had always complained every month that I wanted it out and now it was coming true. Well I had the surgery and so far so good. I have been doing really well and truly believe I made the right decision. I think it is just our fear, well mine anyways, that keeps our mind second guessing ourselves.
Unread 02-02-2006, 10:01 AM
I want to cancel

Some of you are very sure that you need this surgery. There are no doubts. It is medically necessary.

Then there is another group. Some women have issues that don't cause any significant decrease in their quality of life. If you fall into this category, then you have much more to consider than those in the other group.

While many women recover from their hysterecomies without any major complications, there are many who wish they had never had their surgery. They are worse off after than before. IMHO, you need to be aware of the possible problems and realize that you may be making a trade off. Everyone who has this surgery doesn't look back and say that they are glad they had it.

If you are not absolutely sure that you are making the best decision for you, then you need to wait. See more Dr's and educate yourself on all the optional treatments for your condition.

IMHO, the women who are aware that they may face another set of problems after their surgery do much better when a problem does occur. Remember, problems do not always show up immediately after surgery, some women come back after a year or more sharing their complications from a hysterectomy or oopherectomy.

This is a major life-changing surgery. There is no way to predict whose life will change for the better and whose will not.

S,
Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register