Pre Op tomorrow morning | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre Op tomorrow morning Pre Op tomorrow morning

Unread 12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Pre Op tomorrow morning

I have my pre op at 9:10 monday morning and i have a few questions to as the doc. Like how long i will be in and will i bleed after and if he can take a closer look at my right side cause that is where i have the most probs. Anything else i should ask. My mind is kind of foggy right now with my nerves and worring about it all.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Pre op tomorrow morning

Hi Cori. Hope you have a good pre-op appointment tomorrow morning. I checked out the pre-op resource on thi site, which had a list of questions. I added my own, typed them out and took my list with me. My doc got a kick out of how many questions and that they were typewritten, but he answered every one very patiently. ;-) I felt so much better when I had answers. As miserable as bowel prep was, actually doing something proactive also helped me to get purposeful. I was still nervous, but not as scared as I'd been leading up to the preop appointment and then my bowel prep. Here's hoping that you get your questions answered.

Barb A.
Unread 12-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Pre Op tomorrow morning

Cori,

Be sure to visit the Pre-Op Page for lots of great information. You'll even find the Pre-Op Article, Questions for your Pre-Op Hysterectomy Appointment. It's a great list and you can build on it with any other questions you may have.

I hope your appointment goes very well!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Pre Op tomorrow morning

My DH went with me and I was so glad he did, he asked some more in-depth questions about my conditon, and he asked about sex and orgasm after hyster, I wanted to ask but was feeling a little overwhelmed, and was too embarrised to ask, it even made my doc blush! I agree, make a list, you can never ask too many questions and they should be happy to answer them for you. Good Luck, Melisa
Unread 12-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Pre Op tomorrow morning

Pre Op went well! DH went with me and reminded me to get the pain prescription so we could get it filled and not have to worry about it after i got home. HE said it was going to take about 2 hours to do it and i thought that was long....guess not.
Unread 12-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Pre Op tomorrow morning

It sounds like you had a great appointment. Now, try to relax and do something special for yourself!

Deb
Unread 12-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Pre Op tomorrow morning

I have my pre-op at the hospital, not with the doctor. I was told I could make an appointment with him if I felt it was necessary. Last time I saw him he explained why he felt I needed a hysterectomy, risk/benefit and procedure.
When I had knee surgery my pre-op was at the surgical center and I didn't see my surgeon then either. They drew blood, chest x-ray signed papers, reviewed procedure.
I've notice everyone seems to meet with their doctor at pre-op?
Is pre-op for hysterectomy different? What happens at your pre-op?
Unread 12-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Glad you had a good pre-op appointment.

Hi Cori. Did you get all of your pre-op questions answered? I asked my husband how long my surgery went when you mentioned it in your post. He said that he was expecting it to take about two and a half hours, but it was more like three and a half or four. That was because they took the time to do a urinary tract x-ray to be sure nothing was nicked. (Thankfully, nothing was). Anyway, I mention it because it could take longer than your surgeon anticipates, for a totally ok reason. Give your hubby a "heads up" just in case he waits longer than he expects. Mine was just getting nervous when my Dr. called from the O.R. to tell him why it was taking so long.

Hope you are doing ok as you approach your surgery date. Soon it will be all over and you'll be answering questions for new hystersisters!

Barb A.
Unread 12-22-2008, 03:47 PM
For Hope09

I had an appointment at the hospital for pre-admission testing, and interview with a nurse and signing of papers, etc. I met with my Dr. after my D and C to hear the pathology and find out that I needed a hysterectomy and only had another appointment because he couldn't schedule my surgery quickly and papers had to be signed right before surgery. It gave me a good chance to find this site and research my condition (complex hyperplasia with atypia), so that I had many questions. It was actually an ideal way for me to lead up to my hyster---I'm nutty until I have all my questions addressed. It will be interesting to hear how it's done in other parts of the country.

Barb A.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register