Pleasing lemon taste. who are you kidding - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pleasing lemon taste. who are you kidding Pleasing lemon taste. who are you kidding

Unread 02-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Pleasing lemon taste. who are you kidding

Has anyone done Miralax and an enema? My doc said to do the Miralax, and I have no clue how it tastes, but am asuming it will be awful. Am NOT looking forward to that! And I am presuming I will be clean as a whistle with both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2007, 10:56 PM

Good luck Janice.....best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Miralax isn't as bad as the others in my opinion.

Jean
Unread 02-19-2007, 11:31 PM

Ok I have read that many more than not have had to do the Bowel Cleanse. I understand that it is us to the Dr. So when did they let you know about this? I mean how far in advance? I go in for all my Pre-Op stuff two weeks form today at 12:30 when I havbe a Dr. Visit and then straight over to the Hospital for all the Pre-Op test and to Pre-register. Now this is a Monday and My surgery is scheduled for that Wednesday at 8am(two days later). So does this mean that I will not have to do it or is it just going to be one last things that they tell me about right before it happens? I guess I will ask about that and if she will use staples or stitches or just Sterie strips, and about how big the incision will be and exactly where it will be. Alot still to find out but thanks for all the info from you all.
Unread 02-19-2007, 11:33 PM

Tink- I was told at my pre-op that I did not have to do a bowel clense. I was so happy I cried.
Unread 02-19-2007, 11:48 PM

Well I too hope that I do not have to do it but if I do I will just go for it. I do know that the last appointment I had with the Doctor all she told me was that I was not to eat or drink after Mid-night. So I hope that she does not change her mind. I do know that the two days prior I will more than likely eat really light anyway. I have had surgery before but nothing like this. Good luck to you all that go tomorrow. I still have 15 days and counting.
Unread 02-20-2007, 02:46 AM

Hello Tink....If you have to do a bowel prep your Dr will most likely tell you at your pre-op appointment....The only reason I had to do one is the Dr is pretty certain that there are adhesions on my bowel that will need to be dealt with and if the bowel is empty there is much less chance of damaging it! So, it really depends on Dr preference and the specific circumstances of your surgery...hope that makes sense.

It does seem though that the majority of ladies here do have to do a bowel prep of some sort!
Blessings,
Janice
Unread 02-20-2007, 07:10 AM

When I had my dr. visit-not the pre op-I asked the dr. about having to do a bowel prep. I asked her twice and she said no. I was so happy I could have kissed the ground. I just hope she doesn't change her mind when I go for my pre op. My pre op is 2 weeks before my surgery. I've already filled out the admission papers for the hospital and given them all the info they needed, and they took 4 vials of blood at that time. I don't know if they will do more blood work or not next time. I'm so used to having blood drawn that it doesn't bother me, unless I get someone that isn't good at it and has to stab me a dozen times and I end up with a black and blue arm.
Unread 02-20-2007, 07:21 AM

I was wondering, my doctor has said no bowel prep BUT she has also said she expects to find a lot of adhesions due to my previous abdominal surgeries. Do you think I should do it anyway? I had peritonitis from a bad appendix when I was 18 because the ER doc didn't believe that I had appendicitis and sent me home for 4 days. I would hate to get another infection from a nicked bowel or something.
Unread 02-20-2007, 07:30 AM

Otter48,
I suppose if it would make you feel better, and it's not going to do any harm, then I would do it. That way you know you've done everything possible to make sure the surgery goes okay. That's just my 2 cents.

Robin
Unread 02-20-2007, 05:41 PM

Well, I did it!! I was wrong...I had to take magnesium citrate, not phospho soda. That stuff is awful!!! Whoever invented it should be arrested for crimes against humanity!!! At least I didn't !! It was close though! I have to say, Ruby Red Squirt is my new best friend!! I found that doing several rounds of chugging the mag crud with a Ruby Red Squirt chaser got it down quickly and relatively smoothly!!! I intend to plan my life so I never have to do that again!! LOL...

So far, the nasty stuff is working...I won't go into detail, let's just say I'm reminded of a movie..."A River Runs Through It"!!!

s and all my sympathy to all of you "preppy" ladies today!
Janice

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register