Less than two weeks post op and restless | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Less than two weeks post op and restless Less than two weeks post op and restless

Unread 10-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Less than two weeks post op and restless

Hey there!!!
Had a Davinci Supported LAVH on 9/26. Uterus, cervix, left ovary and tube out. Kept right ovary. I am in more pain than I expected, mostly in big incision in the center (my second belly button ) and on the right. This week having pain DEEP inside my vagina (and wondering what to do about it) Belly still swollen and I am just exhausted, showering requires a nap after. But I am anxious to get up and go!!!

I think the hardest part is the permanence of all of this. Hubby and I never planned for kids, but the loss of potential is something I have to address.

Any thoughts or words of wisdom?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Re: Less than two weeks post op and restless

bleukricket, we had our surgeries the same day!

I feel your pain over the permanence issue. My only child is nearly 20 and I had zero desire to have another. Yet, I felt sadness concerning my hysterectomy when it occurred to me I couldn't have more children. I've pondered this and I think it's the fact my choice to have another child was taken from me. I try to focus on the fact that once I heal, I can make plans, go anywhere and do everything without planning around my horrendous period and corresponding pain. And I can have all the sex I want without fear of pregnancy LOL.

Regarding your symptoms, please call your doctor ASAP. I spoke to mine yesterday, and from a short list of reasons he said to call him right away was "worsening, acute pain." That sounds like you. Everyone heals differently and healing is affected by your pre-surgery health, but exhaustion from showering sounds extreme, to me, almost two weeks after surgery. Better safe than sorry. Call!
Unread 10-08-2013, 11:20 AM

Doc appointment, low grade infection, antibiotics No more pain meds, otc's only. I begged the doctor for more pain meds, tears, everything, Feeling very ashamed about doing this. Doctor sez I am not giving myself enough time to heal, pain meds give me false security and I end up doing more than I should.

Feeling very discouraged, almost despondent and very, very ashamed. Don't want to be seen as a drug seeker.

Sistah- Thanks for your words of kindness. I also had crippling periods and this hyst has taken away that pain. I just want to get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2013, 03:07 PM

bleukricket, you had 4 body parts removed. FOUR! Plus, your body suffered beforehand from your crazy periods. Be kind to yourself. No judgment and definitely no shame. Pain is scary and exhausting and we all seek to avoid it. That's not shameful, it's human.

I can see why you'd be exhausted. Your body is adjusting to major, major surgery, healing and fighting an infection. That's a lot! Plus, you had an ovary removed. This must affect your emotions because of the disruption, on some level, of your hormones. I've read the remaining ovary still produces hormones and eases the emotional upheaval but this probably takes time. If I were you, I'd feel as I feel and not feel guilty about it. It hasn't been two weeks since your surgery, so give yourself time to heal physically and emotionally. It's good you have a doctor who cares enough about you as a person to not just prescribe a narcotic (there are inherent dangers), but if after another week or two you're still experiencing the same level of pain, call your doc or get a second opinion. Once your infection is cleared up, you will feel better. Try not to impede your healing by being stressed.
Unread 10-08-2013, 04:13 PM

Sistah--
Thanks for the kind words. Resting now. Looking forward to talking to you again and tracking our mutual progress.
<<hug>>

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register