scariest day of my life | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scariest day of my life scariest day of my life

Unread 12-31-2014, 07:47 PM
scariest day of my life

Hello everyone. I had a total laperscopic hysterectomy on Dec 18th. They removed my uterus and cervix. I was able to keep my ovaries. Everything went o.k. until I woke up from the surgery and then my blood pressure dropped and my heart rate wentry up. They started taking hemoglobin tests and found out that I was internally bleeding. They told me they needed to open me back up. I woke up after the second surgery just a few hours later and they told me that I was the 1st woman in the 15 years of operating that had my major blood vessels running down my sides. Apparently the are usually run down the middle of your abdomen. When he went in through my side during the first surgery, he cut my right main blood vessel in half. I lost a lot of blood and they needed to give me a blood transfusion. I was so very scary and so very painful. I had to go to icu and also had a drain put in to remove all the excess blood from internally bleeding. I was in the hospital for 4 days... has anyone else heard of this or experienced anything similar...I'm am still so sore and honestly still in shock...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2014, 08:01 PM
Re: scariest day of my life

Wow, I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience. I hope that all goes well for you and best of luck with your recovery. Please keep us posted and Happy New Year also!
Unread 12-31-2014, 08:06 PM
scariest day of my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ992 View Post
Wow, I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience. I hope that all goes well for you and best of luck with your recovery. Please keep us posted and Happy New Year also!
Thank you so very much...Im trying to stay positive, but I'm still just so very nervous because it seems that no one else has experienced this and I feel so lost and alone I have an amazing support system at home. My husband and mother are truly angels on earth...I just feel like crying all the time. And I can not sleep and when I do, I have terrible nightmares about everything sorry to vent!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2014, 08:29 PM
scariest day of my life

Your experience sounds so scary. At least it is over now and you can focus on recovering. Do you think the crying might be shock or feelings of post traumatic stress? Please look after yourself - maybe you would benefit from some counselling? Take care, Cathy
Unread 12-31-2014, 08:39 PM
scariest day of my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy10 View Post
Your experience sounds so scary. At least it is over now and you can focus on recovering. Do you think the crying might be shock or feelings of post traumatic stress? Please look after yourself - maybe you would benefit from some counselling? Take care, Cathy
Thank you cathy yes I'm quite sure it's both shock and post traumatic stress. I have been taking so much with friends, family, and nurses. I can't wait to see my doctor in 12 days...just for maybe some more peace of mind...thanks so much for replying

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register